I hate my job . . . .

April23 said:
What would you get done?
I heard of someone who wanted a "penis" to be grafted to his lower back which would become erect when he bent over. Also wondering if he could have skin grafted over it to hide it when wearing revealing clothing...

I'd get nothing done, I'm of the opinion that surgery should only be used when needed and not purely for cosmetic reasons. It is a lucrative trade though.

we have people holding degrees that work in the MAIL ROOM...post grad degrees are the only thing that matters in terms of using a degree to get ahead...undergrad degree might as well be a HS diploma these days

why_ask_why said:
we have people holding degrees that work in the MAIL ROOM...post grad degrees are the only thing that matters in terms of using a degree to get ahead...undergrad degree might as well be a HS diploma these days
Shit, I was the boss of several people with postgrad degrees. One MS EE and two MA Philosophy. The Philosophy I can understand, the EE just didnt like engineering, parents had forced her to get a degree.

April of course before acting all bitter failed to comprehend what I was saying. Having a degree is great and looks good but there is nothing more useless than a college grad with no fucking idea what they want to do. Not to mention recent college grads (around here anyway) have practically 0 work ethic. They've been in school their entire life and dont have a conception what working actually involves.

FlamingGlory said:
Shit, I was the boss of several people with postgrad degrees. One MS EE and two MA Philosophy. The Philosophy I can understand, the EE just didnt like engineering, parents had forced her to get a degree.

April of course before acting all bitter failed to comprehend what I was saying. Having a degree is great and looks good but there is nothing more useless than a college grad with no fucking idea what they want to do. Not to mention recent college grads (around here anyway) have practically 0 work ethic. They've been in school their entire life and dont have a conception what working actually involves.

those are rare cases...generally if they have the motivation to go through with the post grad pain in the ass, they do it with a purpose and get a job utilizing those skills

why_ask_why said:
those are rare cases...generally if they have the motivation to go through with the post grad pain in the ass, they do it with a purpose and get a job utilizing those skills
Not so rare around here. There are 3 major private colleges within 50 miles of me and a lot of people just stick around after they graduate or look for jobs in the area (which is pretty fucking useless).

April23 said:
You can work in the states, we have Canadian people all the time in our place without social security or permits... just set your status as a 1099 and work you lazy bum.
Well, we are trying to do this as legally as possibly- Ya know, since we're married and all I don't want to risk being deported :p

I'm going to be able to work within a matter of weeks, I'm just waiting for my permit to arrive. They already have my money, all I want is that damn peice of plastic :mad:

Drool-Boy said:
Youre bi-lingual, right? English/French? Certainly that can play to your advantage somehow. Maybe like private french lessons to snotty rich people kids or something.
Hay! Someone knows something about me :dance:

Yes you are totally right- There is a French/American school on the snobby side of the city (45 mins away) that I would love to work for... I just need to finish my degree (that I don't even know I want to finish).

*Fuxx Burger* said:

Yes you are totally right- There is a French/American school on the snobby side of the city (45 mins away) that I would love to work for... I just need to finish my degree (that I don't even know I want to finish).

I would think theyd hire you pre-degree, being as youre fluent, as long as you agree to aquire the degree in a few years or something. Cant hurt to at least inquire.

Drool-Boy said:
I would think theyd hire you pre-degree, being as youre fluent, as long as you agree to aquire the degree in a few years or something. Cant hurt to at least inquire.
You're absolutely tight.

I emailed them awhile ago to see if they needed any tutors etc... I think I need to actually get on the phone with them and light a fire under their butts.

Never email when it comes to jobs. Email can be ignored and deleted with barely a thought. Telephone conversations are far more difficult to ignore, as are face-to-face encounters.

*Fuxx Burger* said:

if i were in your shoes, i'd go ahead and complete what little is left on your degree. that way you have one. people will pay more, even if you're not in degree-related field, if you have a degree at all. if you need to work quickly and you have a degree, you could always get a job in that field until you figure out something better. point is, you have a lot more flexibility with a degree, despite what it is and despite if you want to do that or not. it still gives some flexibility.

i tutored kids who were three, four and five in the alphabet, and recognizing numbers, and learning phonics...and made $40 an hour. it's easy money and easy to fill spots based on recommendations. you just ahve to get started. you could always go to schools and try to figure out a plan.

Sarcasmo said:
Never email when it comes to jobs. Email can be ignored and deleted with barely a thought. Telephone conversations are far more difficult to ignore, as are face-to-face encounters.

yup, I've always preached that..email the resume and follow up with a call asking to schedule an appointment for interview...immediately sets you apart from 99% of the applicants if not better

Sarcasmo said:
Your right- And this is something I tell FB all the time. I guess I need to take my own advice :eek:

I should say, I've never emailed anyone regarding a job. I've always called or done the in person thing.

Baahhhh.

thrawn said:
I work hard everyday and never have any time off. I am paid enough to buy a case of Old Milwaukee every few weeks. It sucks.

I want to move...again...for serious. When I find a decent job, I will be leaving.

TAMPA!!!! You would make a great roomate too - based on your last visit you know we could go days and days without even talking to or seeing you even under the same roof? 60 up and 60 down! We would just have to coordinate the 60 up so we have some time to party, and work of course.

We will convert the garage into the Thrawn lair; don't want to mess with your schedule and all.

FlamingGlory said:
What's wrong with cliques? ^.^ I never officially attended HS but I was a varsity starter on the Football team (huge deal in the midwest). Talk about royal treatment.

I wasen't aware that you could play varisty football without going to school? Reminds me of the fraternity they started in "Old School"

Candy said:
I wasen't aware that you could play varisty football without going to school? Reminds me of the fraternity they started in "Old School"

I was wondering about that one too. Maybe he just ran on the field and they felt bad for him and let him stay. Kind of like Cuba Gooding Jr. in Radio. Thank god I didn't see that movie. Or Snow Dogs either.