I hate my job . . . .

FlamingGlory said:
Nope. Since I cant even decide what I want to do.

It's never too late to go back to school. What you have to know is if you really actually need a degree.

Everyone needs a degree unless they have some special skill no one has.. you hippie.

thrawn said:
I work hard everyday and never have any time off. I am paid enough to buy a case of Old Milwaukee every few weeks. It sucks.

I want to move...again...for serious. When I find a decent job, I will be leaving.

TAMPA

April23 said:
Everyone needs a degree unless they have some special skill no one has.. you hippie.

I get paid fairly decent for a person without a degree.

I regret not getting them, and will probably end up going to finish one of the ones I started.

April23 said:
This is the sort of attitude we'd like to avoid.

Getting a degree used to be impressive, now it's just run of the mill. Countries -need- low-skill workers in order to be successful. Not only that, but alot of professional institutions prefer to recruit direct from schools here. Brokerages, banks, Air Traffic Control and the like. The earlier you get young minds onboard, the better employees they make before they've wasted 3 years of their lives obtaining a degree in fucking windsurfing.

April23 said:
Defensive group we have here.
Knowing quite a few people who went to study "Geography" at University for no other reason than to be there, I'd say I have enough room to comment on it.

Any of my friends who entered professions above, like brokering or banking, are earning over and above the 25,000 GBP range and the prospects of moving up even more are just as impressive.

Galen said:
Knowing quite a few people who went to study "Geography" at University for no other reason than to be there, I'd say I have enough room to comment on it.

Any of my friends who entered professions above, like brokering or banking, are earning over and above the 25,000 GBP range and the prospects of moving up even more are just as impressive.

Overseas sounds different... here imo companies still make it a pretty big deal. Ya you can get any job you want, but your salary won't seem all that pretty. There are special cases of course...

but then I don't have a college degree... even though I'm the only one that does my job here and they can't do without me, they aren't paying me more until I get the correct schooling.

April23 said:
Overseas sounds different... here imo companies still make it a pretty big deal. Ya you can get any job you want, but your salary won't seem all that pretty. There are special cases of course...

but then I don't have a college degree... even though I'm the only one that does my job here and they can't do without me, they aren't paying me more until I get the correct schooling.
Same everywhere. I'd say you're a lot more skilled at your job than a fop with a degree in something stupid. I'd prefer to hire someone young and able than someone old with no knowledge other than academic. It makes sense that way. A degree does not make you a more productive worker, just looks nice on a CV.

Of course, you need one for medicine. Unless you're from Pakistan.

Morroco is apparently the bargain capital for cosmetic surgery. Can get lipo or face lifts etc. for a fraction of the cost charged in the UK or Europe.

Galen said:
Morroco is apparently the bargain capital for cosmetic surgery. Can get lipo or face lifts etc. for a fraction of the cost charged in the UK or Europe.

What would you get done?

Sometimes you can get a decent job without a degree due to experience but often you will get paid less. Lots of companies care less what the degree is in as long as you have one. which is bullshit.

b_sinning said:
Sometimes you can get a decent job without a degree due to experience but often you will get paid less. Lots of companies care less what the degree is in as long as you have one. which is bullshit.

A degree is nothing more than a union card in most cases today.