I got that Friday feeling, any exciting plans for the weekend?

closing is in 21 hours

Just heard from the title company, my closing costs are $2020.75

Is that normal for your area?

We've already put in a lot ;) We had to front up money before they started applying for permits and stuff... these costs are all of the fees we have to pay, like the appraisal, the title insurance, all that nonsense.

we did...we paid less than asking price, seller paid closing costs and we had a 5.something rate I believe

My point is that if you paid the closing costs, you could have gotten the house for even less. All you did was factor them into the loan...

edit: And you can get them to pay closing costs with new home construction, but the same applies...

My point is that if you paid the closing costs, you could have gotten the house for even less. All you did was factor them into the loan...

edit: And you can get them to pay closing costs with new home construction, but the same applies...
you used to be able to get your down payment worked into the loan too, but they're cracking down on down payment assistance programs now.

Not so much anymore, the loan requirements are so much tighter now, it's going to be increasingly more difficult for people to get home loans without putting forth a significant amount of money.

you used to be able to get your down payment worked into the loan too, but they're cracking down on down payment assistance programs now.

We got 100% financing through a first time home buyers program. I think we put down $500. I'm sure those programs are long gone now...

We got 100% financing through a first time home buyers program. I think we put down $500. I'm sure those programs are long gone now...

Now the new hotness is a 7500 tax credit for first time home buyers... erm.. actually it's more like a 7500 interest free 15 year loan for first time home buyers.

W/e I think we'll take advantage of that.