I can't even begin to find the words for this

Pandora said:
I still can't figure out why he did that. It's like murdering your own child or something. :confused:

The franchise is nothing more than a cash cow for him, no matter what he says. He needs to go back to making cool movies like THX1138 and American Graffiti and just let Star Wars die.

One day I called George Lucas up at three o'clock in the morning and I pretended to be Mark Hamill. He said, 'Harrison?' I said 'No, it's me Mark Hamill.' He said, 'Harrison, I know it's you.' I said, 'Well then you know wrong because it's Mark Hamill.' He sighed and said, 'okay Mark what do you want?' I really got him.

theacoustician said:
Until I can buy a copy of the originals unmolested, no I don't own a copy.

I had 'em on laserdisc for a while, and *cough* had them "backed up" to dvd...... and I still have a copy of the VHS around here somewhere. I don't use the vcr anymore, so maybe I'll send you that unloved vhs version of it for groundhog's day next year or something.

b_sinning said:
Who would be the christ figure in Star wars? Anakin was born the right way but I don't remember Jesus going to the dark side.

It was during those years of his life that they conviniently left out of the bible.

b_sinning said:
Who would be the christ figure in Star wars? Anakin was born the right way but I don't remember Jesus going to the dark side.

Yes he did, for 3 days before ascending into heaven.

b_sinning said:
Well if i'd have to analyze it I'd refrain from thinking of it as Dark = Bad. Rather, he was born into a world of status quo and was the catalyst to a profound change, the story of Christ ends when he's what, 32... 33... probably around the time Anakin becomes Vader... so in that sense Anakin does die as Vader is Born... just as what's his name the 13th disciple (erm Judas?) betrays Christ and becomes the evil one and is responsible for the betrayal and death of Christ, such is Vader to Anakin?

:lol:

zengirl said:
Well if i'd have to analyze it I'd refrain from thinking of it as Dark = Bad. Rather, he was born into a world of status quo and was the catalyst to a profound change, the story of Christ ends when he's what, 32... 33... probably around the time Anakin becomes Vader... so in that sense Anakin does die as Vader is Born... just as what's his name the 13th disciple (erm Judas?) betrays Christ and becomes the evil one and is responsible for the betrayal and death of Christ, such is Vader to Anakin?

Okay smartass, what about Mary Magdalene? go go go!!!

zengirl said:

I think it's time for you to turn off the internet.

Sarcasmo said:
I think it's time for you to turn off the internet.
:lol: What's the internet got to do with it? Blame all of the crazy English teachers I've had all my life, they eat that shit up!!!

BigDov said:
I was waiting for you to bust out with a comparison of her to Jar-Jar Binks, the two most-often misunderstood and most hated characters out of both epics.
Unfortunately I know neither the story of Mary Magdeline nor Jar-Jar Binks....

In the last movie they hint that Anakin was created by the Emperor's mentor.