I can't even begin to find the words for this

BigDov said:
Well that's just great :rant:
I started reading the bible but when I got to the part where so-n-so begot george who begot paul who begot charlie who begot blah blah blah blah ... I just couldn't follow it anymore

BigDov said:
I kind of took that as more than a hint...... didn't he pretty much come out and say it?

He said something along the lines of "you can create life, or prolong it" or something, then gave anakin the "I fucked your mom in the back of my speeder" stare.

zengirl said:
I started reading the bible but when I got to the part where so-n-so begot george who begot paul who begot charlie who begot blah blah blah blah ... I just couldn't follow it anymore

There's lots of parts you can and should skip, based on morals, skepticism and beliefs.

smileynev said:
He said something along the lines of "you can create life, or prolong it" or something, then gave anakin the "I fucked your mom in the back of my speeder" stare.

he said "He even had the power to . . . create life!" And then gave him teh stare.

smileynev said:

Oh THAT part!!!! I was too busy chowing down on popcorn and M&M's when that scene was playing.

bast_imret said:
he said "He even had the power to . . . create life!" And then gave him teh stare.

Anakin should have replied, "So can I old man..." and then whip out his wang, ya know, and done his thing on the emperor's robes or something.

BigDov said:
So I take it you weren't smitten with Episode III ????? :lol:

No, I loved it actually. I want to see it again but haven't yet. I'd say it was a worthy prequel to the original trilogy.

BigDov said:
There's lots of parts you can and should skip, based on morals, skepticism and beliefs.
I've always wanted to read it cover to cover... then I discovered that the different versions were actually different translations and had different meanings, so there was a time I'd sit down with 4 different bibles in front of me and read them one passage at a time an compare all of them. It's hard enough getting through 1 bible, but 4 at a time is really time consuming. :fly:

smileynev said:
No, I loved it actually. I want to see it again but haven't yet. I'd say it was a worthy prequel to the original trilogy.

Aaah okay. There were still parts of it that just didn't work for me, namely the whole end scene where Vader's screaming and shaking his fists like a little bitch. Come on. Lord of the fucking Sith cries like a baby? Bullshit I say.

BigDov said:
Aaah okay. There were still parts of it that just didn't work for me, namely the whole end scene where Vader's screaming and shaking his fists like a little bitch. Come on. Lord of the fucking Sith cries like a baby? Bullshit I say.

If you rewatch the originals, though, you can see the weakness in him at the end of Empire.

I wonder how much that lava burned skin itches under his suit.

zengirl said:
I've always wanted to read it cover to cover... then I discovered that the different versions were actually different translations and had different meanings, so there was a time I'd sit down with 4 different bibles in front of me and read them one passage at a time an compare all of them. It's hard enough getting through 1 bible, but 4 at a time is really time consuming. :fly:

Interesting. When I was young and ambitious, I read the King James version, with all of its thee's, thou's, and all that archaic jibber jabber. Didn't really care for it. Later, I read the dummies version of the bible, The Book. It was almost childish after the KJversion. Got a New International version after that and it seemed like the happy medium. And yup, there were differences all over the place.

I thought what I did was self-inflicted pain and torture...... but seeing what you were trying to do, hell. YOU SO CRAZY! :p

smileynev said:
If you rewatch the originals, though, you can see the weakness in him at the end of Empire.

I wonder how much that lava burned skin itches under his suit.

Hmmm...... I'll have to do that. I always thought he was trying to compel Luke to join him in Empire, then in Jedi he turned weenie. :iono:

I'd imagine there isn't enough aloe to help that itch.

BigDov said:
Interesting. When I was young and ambitious, I read the King James version, with all of its thee's, thou's, and all that archaic jibber jabber. Didn't really care for it. Later, I read the dummies version of the bible, The Book. It was almost childish after the KJversion. Got a New International version after that and it seemed like the happy medium. And yup, there were differences all over the place.

I thought what I did was self-inflicted pain and torture...... but seeing what you were trying to do, hell. YOU SO CRAZY! :p
I'm obsessive and have a voracious appetite for reading, I even read the back of the shampoo bottle in the shower. For a long time I collected bibles and then got really disgusted at the huge difference in them. I mean philosophically they're all the same, but the same can be said for many religions as well, if you get over the details and just pay attention to the gist of it, it's all the same. Which is why I can't see the bible as a history book as some do, but more like a fairy tale book like something from the Brothers Grihm.

Edit, I've begun and finished 4 or 5 different novels in the past 10 days. :eek:

zengirl said:
I'm obsessive and have a voracious appetite for reading, I even read the back of the shampoo bottle in the shower. For a long time I collected bibles and then got really disgusted at the huge difference in them. I mean philosophically they're all the same, but the same can be said for many religions as well, if you get over the details and just pay attention to the gist of it, it's all the same. Which is why I can't see the bible as a history book as some do, but more like a fairy tale book like something from the Brothers Grihm.

Edit, I've begun and finished 4 or 5 different novels in the past 10 days. :eek:

I used to be that way too, but not so much anymore. Kids kinda kill the reading time :( I know exactly what you mean though; although, there's some parts that I view as historical (old testament stuff, battles and mass exodus's) and the rest, I dunno. Don't want to turn this into a religion thread, so I'll just say I agree with your view of it for now :)

Dang, it's been taking me that long to get through one lately :(

BigDov said:
I used to be that way too, but not so much anymore. Kids kinda kill the reading time :( I know exactly what you mean though; although, there's some parts that I view as historical (old testament stuff, battles and mass exodus's) and the rest, I dunno. Don't want to turn this into a religion thread, so I'll just say I agree with your view of it for now :)

Dang, it's been taking me that long to get through one lately :(
Yeah, I had to stop when I finished 2 last Sunday. Ryan and Flynavy were giving me weird looks...