I am bi curious

My vacations were always to Hawaii or Florida when we lived in Canada. We ended up buying a condo on Waikiki that we later sold for a condo on Cape Canaveral(sp). My parents would call them vacations but it was just when my dad needed a break we would get up and leave for like 4 months to Hawaii and such. I definately loved our vacations growing up

We did- But my dad is quite Pro Canada. So we didn't really travel into the US a whole lot.
My parents had a cottage on a lake pretty much my whole life so most of our vacation was spent there.
When I was about 8-9ish we spent a week traveling the New England area. We took a few trips to Toronto and surrounding areas fairly often because we have family there. Other then that and frequent trips to Halifax, we didn't do much on account of the cottage.

When I became a teenager, my parents hit a rough spot financially and ended up having to sell the cottage. Once they got their finances back on track (somewhat) my dad and I would every year go to Montreal in the winter to see a Montreal Canadiens game. In the summer they would go see a ball game, but I wasn't as interested in that.

Finally once I went to university, and I had some money of my own, I started traveling without them and did all the things I didn't get to do with my parents. I took a road trip all down the eastern coast, went to NYC a few times, went to Chicago etc....

ceiling fly said:
Ya go 5 times and its paid for itself. Its a fun way to blow an afternoon. Bring beans and you don't even have to eat!

8 days total if you want all the crap you normally get with it. This isn't including parking.

BeeRad said:
My dad is the exact opposite, he hated Canada with a passion
heh- My dad has lightened up a bit since I married FB and I moved to the US. They came out to Oregon this winter to visit us and my dad had a great time. He loved it out here and even talked of retiring on the west coast. Guess he's getting soft in his old age.

Of course his biggest concern wasnt that I was marrying an american, it was that our son might not grow up to be a hockey player :lol:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
heh- My dad has lightened up a bit since I married FB and I moved to the US. They came out to Oregon this winter to visit us and my dad had a great time. He loved it out here and even talked of retiring on the west coast. Guess he's getting soft in his old age.

Of course his biggest concern wasnt that I was marrying an american, it was that our son might not grow up to be a hockey player :lol:

Bwahahahah, lol

See mine is the completely exact opposite...

My dad used to be alot lighter and loved to party/go out/vacation. Now it is a miracle if he takes my mother out for a drink once a year. He hates Canada so much that he wouldnt go back ever. It is kinda sad but he doesnt have much to go back to so I completely understand him.

Sarcasmo said:
We took vacations every year as a family, usually at Christmas when we'd go to the Canary Islands and veg out for three weeks. At other times throughout the year we'd go places like Sweden, England, Germany, Austria, etc., but not for as long as the annual trek to the Canaries.

[April23]Throws Hate [Sarcasmo]

TK

itburnswhenipee said:
ci-location.gif

Location of the Canary Islands for the geographically challenged.

Let's go there.

zengirl said:
I only went on one family vacation when I was a kid, we went to Branson, MO. This was way before it was the cool place to go. Our family rented a cabin in the woods there and I remember playing in a swimming pool with a diving board where I met my imaginary friend, Jacob.

We don't talk about that anymore :o
This is Jacob :mad:

Where the hell did you go that day we were supposed to meet at the rendering plant? :(

elpmis said:
then it wouldn't be 'permanent'

that sucks for you though, are you an army brat?
Permanent means you move all your stuff is all :p

And something like, my dad was an EE for various defense contractors.

FlamingGlory said:
And something like, my dad was an EE for various defense contractors.
ya I'm in the defense contracting business too - it's hard to do the 'I don't wanna move' thing

edit: oh and moving all of your stuff is "moving" to move permanently means you're there for life

elpmis said:
ya I'm in the defense contracting business too - it's hard to do the 'I don't wanna move' thing

edit: oh and moving all of your stuff is "moving" to move permanently means you're there for life
They do give you cool shirts though. I have Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, General Dynamics hats, dress shirts, and bags ^__^