I am bi curious

thrawn said:
did you guys go on a vacation of some sort every year with mom and dad? it has come up in conversation with other people and i wonder. my parents didnt/dont have a lot of money but we went somewhere every year when my dad had to take his vacation. i think my sister and i have been to just about every state this side of the mississippi and parts of kanuckistan in those years.

anyone else like that? seems most i know have not had that experience.
my story is like yours, except that my parents never took me anywhere

kiwi said:
It might be less for residents of the area, at least it is for Disneyland (like 99 dollars for a season pass which sucks cause it's that much for a one day pass for everyone else :rolleyes: )

That is the residential area price. This is admission to all 5 parks for the year.

Out of state isn't that far off

We went on vacation a couple times. Once to Connecticut... ok... only went on vacation once.
Driving across country to the next base my dad was stationed at was always fun.

I'm not a big vacation person. I dont like being away from home, sleeping in some shitty hotel bed and having a schedule of what to do while away. I'd much rather stay home, go fishing or something.

I can count my family's vacations on 1 hand:

1988 - Disneyworld
1990 - Myrtle Beach
1994 - Grand Canyon

That about sums it up. Not that we were poor or anything, Dad was just a workaholic.

btw, my parents were divorced by the time i was about 11-12 and my mom was lucky to have $50 to spend on groceries or a new shirt for me.

ceiling fly said:
btw, my parents were divorced by the time i was about 11-12 and my mom was lucky to have $50 to spend on groceries or a new shirt for me.

same here but I was 3 and grew up with my grandparents for that reason

Coqui said:
Annual Pass 346.13 Adult 303.53 Child

I don't believe you can order tickets online for Annual Passes.

This price includes taxes

Why thank you... that's too flipping expensive... gotta turn some tricks.

We went on lots of vacations when I was a kid. We took at least one a year, even if we were broke. All of them were great. Sometimes, if money was tight, my parents would take advantage of the free vacations people will give you to pitch their time share opportunites at you. As an adult, I still try to vacation with my family as often as possible. Last year we rented a house at the outer banks with my family and IBWIP's family. It was one of the best vacations I can remember.

we were the same, thrawn. i'm the oldest of four, so ape, i agree with you. at the time, i didn't really enjoy the vacations. now, i'm kicking myself about that. course, my family was richer as i was heading to college, so i missed out on all the trips across the country and overseas. :mad:
but i really hope that we can provide the same for our little family now.

April23 said:

Meh it's a week's worth at Cedar Point for a park you can get into anytime you want. Plus you get free parking + admission into before and after hours in parks (meaning you get to ride the fun rides without waiting in line.)

April23 said:
Ya go 5 times and its paid for itself. Its a fun way to blow an afternoon. Bring beans and you don't even have to eat!

We took vacations every year as a family, usually at Christmas when we'd go to the Canary Islands and veg out for three weeks. At other times throughout the year we'd go places like Sweden, England, Germany, Austria, etc., but not for as long as the annual trek to the Canaries.

ci-location.gif

Location of the Canary Islands for the geographically challenged.

I only went on one family vacation when I was a kid, we went to Branson, MO. This was way before it was the cool place to go. Our family rented a cabin in the woods there and I remember playing in a swimming pool with a diving board where I met my imaginary friend, Jacob.

We don't talk about that anymore :o

zengirl said:
I only went on one family vacation when I was a kid, we went to Branson, MO. This was way before it was the cool place to go. Our family rented a cabin in the woods there and I remember playing in a swimming pool with a diving board where I met my imaginary friend, Jacob.

We don't talk about that anymore :o
Why is Branson a cool place to go?