GAY Hygge, any of you hippies do this?

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,825
Steam
asastang
It actually sounds like a very nice thing to do on the regular. I keep hearing and seeing stuff about it.

Louisa Thomsen Brits, author of The Book of Hygge: The Danish Art of Contentment, Comfort, and Connection, defines hygge as “a quality of presence and an experience of belonging and togetherness. It is a feeling of being warm, safe, comforted, and sheltered.” It is also, she continues, “an experience of selfhood and communion with people and places that anchors and affirms us, gives us courage and consolation.”

Do any of you participate in this? Even if you didn't know you did it until now?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/home/ct-hygge-family-style-home-20170208-story.html

http://www.signature-reads.com/2017/02/6-steps-hygge-danish-art-contentment-comfort/

This one one the things I loved about the Danes when I lived there.

I don't see non Danes being able to understand this without spending a fair amount of time in Denmark.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
This one one the things I loved about the Danes when I lived there.

I don't see non Danes being able to understand this without spending a fair amount of time in Denmark.
I think he sighed because you were negative about it right off the bat. You could have just stopped after Sentence #1, or maybe told a tale of doing that when you lived there.

I think he sighed because you were negative about it right off the bat. You could have just stopped after Sentence #1, or maybe told a tale of doing that when you lived there.
Life isn't all peaches and cream. He was asking about people on this forum possible experiencing this and I gave my opinion on why I don't think that's possible. I'm not trying to intentionally be negative.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Its a hard world for English speaking g people to say properly. Like a lot of Danish, you use your throat to form the word.
I meant the concept foremost, and then the phonetic similarity (not like SUPER similar but a similar onset)

the description makes as much sense to me as like. businesses that talk about "circle around to synergize" nonsense. but it's maybe Sapir Whorf at work.
who can never be sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer