HPV - Ya You Know Me

Yes, some groups want to force parents to get their young daughters to get this vac before being allowed into public school just like the MMR vaccines. It's a bunch of bullshit; this drug has not been on the market long enough to really determine it's safety. Let her decide when her daughter gets it because it's not like a nine year old is really going around slutting it up on the playground.

These days they do. My dad works at a childrens hospital, they deliver babies there on a regular basis.

Yes, some groups want to force parents to get their young daughters to get this vac before being allowed into public school just like the MMR vaccines. It's a bunch of bullshit; this drug has not been on the market long enough to really determine it's safety. Let her decide when her daughter gets it because it's not like a nine year old is really going around slutting it up on the playground.

I beg to differ :fly:

oh man thats just dirty

the vaccine has proven to be most efficient before sexual activity begins, ie there is no risk of HPV already in the patient upon administration. this is one of the few optional vaccines and from a purely scientific standpoint whatever the public wants to label the vaccine as aside from what it does and "stands for" is beyond the scope of the research and development of the vaccine, and that's out of our control. But i'd still make the case for any parent to protect their child from the only form of cancer they can at this moment.

the vaccine has proven to be most efficient before sexual activity begins, ie there is no risk of HPV already in the patient upon administration. this is one of the few optional vaccines and from a purely scientific standpoint whatever the public wants to label the vaccine as aside from what it does and "stands for" is beyond the scope of the research and development of the vaccine, and that's out of our control. But i'd still make the case for any parent to protect their child from the only form of cancer they can at this moment.

It's fine to advocate it but the idea of requiring a child to have it before entering public school? Fucking insane.

It's fine to advocate it but the idea of requiring a child to have it before entering public school? Fucking insane.

the only advocacy i've heard about the vaccine are the crazy hooha people who think the vaccine magically gives young children carte blanche to have sex willy nilly. most of the time when parents find out their child is sexually active it's old news, so bringing up the vaccine at a younger age when the system is still naive makes sense to me. if in a few years it proves to be as effective as the MMR vaccine then sure, maybe consider mandating it then.

the only advocacy i've heard about the vaccine are the crazy hooha people who think the vaccine magically gives young children carte blanche to have sex willy nilly. most of the time when parents find out their child is sexually active it's old news, so bringing up the vaccine at a younger age when the system is still naive makes sense to me. if in a few years it proves to be as effective as the MMR vaccine then sure, maybe consider mandating it then.

That crazy hooha is as crazy as thinking that every girl without this vaccine is suddenly at great risk.

No, it should not be mandated. Period. MMR is one thing because an entire classroom of kids can contract the diseases by simply being in the same room as an infected one. Not so with HPV. A parent should not be forced to inject an unnecessary chemical into their child. Regardless of how necessary you think it is the bottom line is that you nor your child will ever be at risk because someone else chooses not to vaccinate their child.

It would be really nice if people kept their hands out other people's bodies.

It is public school. They could require you to do handstands before entering if they like.

the fact that it's public school means we all get a say in the matter

No, they can't require arbitrary things at a whim. It needs to be with the consent of the people and I would really like the people to wise up and realize that HPV is the most overhyped scare tactic since terrorism and global warming.

No, they can't require arbitrary things at a whim. It needs to be with the consent of the people and I would really like the people to wise up and realize that HPV is the most overhyped scare tactic since terrorism and global warming.

You are insane, making a big deal out of this. Why are you trying to fight against something that is supposed to be good?

The parents that don't want to vaccinate because they want to fight the power of the public school and show them - are not grasping what is truly important.

Did it ever occur to you that when everyone else is telling you you are acting crazy, chances is you are.

You do get a say, and obviously your say doesnt matter. When placed in a situation where there are public health issues the government has an interest in the safety of all the people, e.g. Mary Mallon.

You are insane, making a big deal out of this. Why are you trying to fight against something that is supposed to be good?

The parents that don't want to vaccinate because they want to fight the power of the public school and show them - are not grasping what is truly important.

Because it disturbs me how easily people will believe anything out of fear. Just because it's supposed to be good doesn't mean it is. If y'all want to get it, by all means go for it but don't make other people put a very new and unproven drug into their children.

It's not about fighting the public school, it's about allowing parents the right to raise their children how they see fit. So tell me, what's truly important? My friend's six year old daughter is not slutting around. She's not at risk. You're not at risk if her daughter doesn't get the vaccine. Let parents make their own choices about their children.

Did it ever occur to you that when everyone else is telling you you are acting crazy, chances is you are.

You do get a say, and obviously your say doesnt matter. When placed in a situation where there are public health issues the government has an interest in the safety of all the people, e.g. Mary Mallon.

My say doesn't matter? So in ten years if I have a daughter about to enter public school, I won't have a say in something that was decided by a bunch of fearmongering politicians looking to get the vagina vote?

I would understand if it was an airborne, highly contagious disease but it's not. It's a disease primarily contracted through sexual contact, is it not? The public health is not as risk because first grade girls are not vaccinated from something that's most likely only going to hit them if they're promiscuous. This isn't fucking typhoid here. In this case the rights of the people to raise their children outweighs the miniscule chance of disease.

Last edited:
Because it disturbs me how easily people will believe anything out of fear. Just because it's supposed to be good doesn't mean it is. If y'all want to get it, by all means go for it but don't make other people put a very new and unproven drug into their children.

It's not about fighting the public school, it's about allowing parents the right to raise their children how they see fit. So tell me, what's truly important? My friend's six year old daughter is not slutting around. She's not at risk. You're not at risk if her daughter doesn't get the vaccine. Let parents make their own choices about their children.

Dr Drew was just talking more about this vaccine. It has NOTHING to do with kids being sexually active at 9 or 12 or any age and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the immune system response is best at that age.

edit: And lets not forget that this could possibly eliminate: genital warts, cervical cancer, and maybe even anal cancer.

Last edited:
My say doesn't matter? So in ten years if I have a daughter about to enter public school, I won't have a say in something that was decided by a bunch of fearmongering politicians looking to get the vagina vote?

I would understand if it was an airborne, highly contagious disease but it's not. It's a disease primarily contracted through sexual contact, is it not? The public health is not as risk because first grade girls are not vaccinated from something that's most likely only going to hit them if they're promiscuous. This isn't fucking typhoid here. In this case the rights of the people to raise their children outweighs the miniscule chance of disease.

Your say matters in as much as one person in many matters. What matters is what most of the people want/think. Actually it's probably more devolved on health issues, so it's what the CDC wants, that the school board takes into consideration; the school board being made up of what most of the people voted for, and in the end this probably wont even be a large issue. Regardless, what you say doesnt matter because if you dont like it you can send your kid to a private school, or homeschool them.

You didnt even start out arguing about this. You said something advocating Thornie's "anti-vaccine, flu shot, thing" which I really wasnt even paying attention to. Then to garner actual attention you brought up something about "making it mandatory", which has probably been mentioned in passing but I've not seen any sort of "push" for it. It's women's health, it barely gets covered. Not even going to address most of the post because I've not been advocating anything one way or the other. Just pointing out that acting like a nutjob will get you labeled as one, as demonstrated by April's comments; and that the government really can tell you what to do when it comes to public health issues.

There is absolutely no call to attack F33nX, all she is doing is listing facts, not pushing any kind of political agenda. This thread really has nothing to do with "the man", it is about a not so obscure risk of human behavior. There is nothing here to rail against.

Last edited:

You are a hippie when it comes to matters such as these. Any time someone puts something out there and tells you what should be done you automatically think they are going to jump all over your freedom and take it away. You live in fucking America, you have it easier than more than 75% of the world. Consider yourself lucky that there are options out there like this to vaccinate, and if they do request to have kids get it in school then more power to them. It's a step in protecting our youth. This isn't Baghdad, not everyone is out to get you.

Quit thinking the world is conspiring against you.

Your say matters in as much as one person in many matters. What matters is what most of the people want/think. Actually it's probably more devolved on health issues, so it's what the CDC wants, that the school board takes into consideration; the school board being made up of what most of the people voted for, and in the end this probably wont even be a large issue. Regardless, what you say doesnt matter because if you dont like it you can send your kid to a private school, or homeschool them.

You didnt even start out arguing about this. You said something advocating Thornie's "anti-vaccine, flu shot, thing" which I really wasnt even paying attention to. Then to garner actual attention you brought up something about "making it mandatory", which has probably been mentioned in passing but I've not seen any sort of "push" for it. It's women's health, it barely gets covered. Not even going to address most of the post because I've not been advocating anything one way or the other. Just pointing out that acting like a nutjob will get you labeled as one, as demonstrated by April's comments; and that the government really can tell you what to do when it comes to public health issues.

There is absolutely no call to attack F33nX, all she is doing is listing facts, not pushing any kind of political agenda. This thread really has nothing to do with "the man", it is about a not so obscure risk of human behavior. There is nothing here to rail against.

Hahah you bitch. :tard: