HPV - Ya You Know Me

Which is why April was still allowed to get it.

Little boys can't have it. :confused:

So it doesn't prevent cancer directly, it prevents the different HPVs that have been known to cause the cancer? What if you're not sexually active, or are only sexually active with one partner, would there be any benefit to that?

I would say it's best to get it for unknown situations like rape or whatever. Everyone that is having sex is susceptible to it.

Another just in case reason is if someone cheated on you. Which I've heard that story from one of my friends lately.

what if you're older than 26 and still want it, simply for the cancer prevention
aspect?

and is this yet ANOTHER vaccine that's going to be forced on my child, totaling around 30? :rolleyes:

If I had a kid and there was a way to protect my child from any sort of diseases/virus I'd be out there getting the vaccine in a heart beat.

Those moms out there that don't vaccinate their children because they think it's a pharmaceutical scam are insane. Why would they chance their childs health like that?

Edit: I thought you were about 26 :???:

don't knock vaccines until you've seen a polio victim.

Thorn, why are you upset about making your kid get vaccines? Jonny B is right, imagine your kid getting polio or meningitis or any of those other diseases that are totally preventable. I think a few shots is way better than the alternative.

i'm not upset about ALL vaccines. clearly i understand some vaccines, and i'm glad to have the opportunity to have them for my child. BUT.

i don't understand with every disease or virus that comes up the need to vaccinate and medicate. the human body is meant to get sick. it just is. it's not fun, it's scary when it's a child, but it's supposed to happen. as things come along, there seem to be more and more vaccines that are just magically there.
the health issues that come in and out of popularity are ridiculous, and IMO it all happens too fast, with drawbacks and "weellll...maybe we weren't right on that..." happening in the future. it seems like every time i take my child to the doctor, there is some new vaccination. at what point do you stop and allow for people to get sick?
i am not necessarily arguing this particular vaccine against cancer. cancer sucks and it's unfortunately very common. i don't know enough about this vaccine to have a decision. my argument is ALL the vaccines that are forced as opposed to given as a choice. my child can't even go to school unless she's vaccinated a number of times for a number of things. i just don't like it. you're always going to be at risk for something.

If I had a kid and there was a way to protect my child from any sort of diseases/virus I'd be out there getting the vaccine in a heart beat.

Those moms out there that don't vaccinate their children because they think it's a pharmaceutical scam are insane. Why would they chance their childs health like that?

and considering the vaccine works best before sexual activity commences, there's no way i'd let any daughter of mine go unvaccinated. it's not like the doctor or i would have to explain the gory details of that vaccine to her when she's 9, hell i don't even remember what i got poked with at my pede's office when i was that young. i'd be sure to tell her when she's older and reaching that age. heck, it might be the only thing she'll thank me for in her teens

i don't think it's a scam. i just think it's overused and overbearing.

and i'm 29.

i'm not upset about ALL vaccines. clearly i understand some vaccines, and i'm glad to have the opportunity to have them for my child. BUT.

i don't understand with every disease or virus that comes up the need to vaccinate and medicate. the human body is meant to get sick. it just is. it's not fun, it's scary when it's a child, but it's supposed to happen. as things come along, there seem to be more and more vaccines that are just magically there.
the health issues that come in and out of popularity are ridiculous, and IMO it all happens too fast, with drawbacks and "weellll...maybe we weren't right on that..." happening in the future. it seems like every time i take my child to the doctor, there is some new vaccination. at what point do you stop and allow for people to get sick?
i am not necessarily arguing this particular vaccine against cancer. cancer sucks and it's unfortunately very common. i don't know enough about this vaccine to have a decision. my argument is ALL the vaccines that are forced as opposed to given as a choice. my child can't even go to school unless she's vaccinated a number of times for a number of things. i just don't like it. you're always going to be at risk for something.

growing up in a high risk area for meningitis and hepatitis in various forms, it was natural for it to be a mandatory vaccination to participate in school or other activities. people get sick, and that is natural, but it is also natural for people to be cured of the things they can be cured of. there's no way i'd brush off any loved one of mine getting cancer, AIDS, or even the flu if there were a way to prevent it, and i definitely wouldn't think of it as a natural progression of things. the way we function in our society today is thanks to our health, and that is thanks to the vaccines we received growing up.

i don't think it's a scam. i just think it's overused and overbearing.

and i'm 29.
I can understand a flu shot... that gets a little silly. TB shots, Tetanus, polio etc these are must haves no matter what. I don't think I could get over the fact my child got some disease I could have prevented with a vaccine early in their life.

More vaccines the better!

I can understand a flu shot... that gets a little silly. TB shots, Tetanus, polio etc these are must haves no matter what. I don't think I could get over the fact my child got some disease I could have prevented with a vaccine early in their life.

More vaccines the better!

this is exactly my point of view. the big, uncurable things that seriously mess with you? shoot my child up. flu? chicken pox? why? there are some things, although not fun, that make you stronger. i think it has to be part of healthy living.

Well there really isn't any point for someone who is in a monogamous relationship to get this. This doesn't prevent cancer, it prevents HPV which can cause cancer.

I want a vaccine for allergies.

When my brother was little he had terrible allergies, he was allergic to everything and got pneumonia all the time... so they started him on allergy shots, he stared going a couple times a week then once a week then every other week then once a month until he just didn't have allergies anymore. Now he isn't allergic to anything.

this is exactly my point of view. the big, uncurable things that seriously mess with you? shoot my child up. flu? chicken pox? why? there are some things, although not fun, that make you stronger. i think it has to be part of healthy living.

With all due respect, are you aware of what happens to an adult that gets chicken pox?

I want a vaccine for allergies.

Allergy shots ftw