HPV - Ya You Know Me

Great news on the three years. Does that mean you almost have it beaten?!!
Thanks! They claim you are 'cured' after 5 years, but I don't buy it - I'll want yearly scans after that.

I asked my oncologist point blank last time, since there were nodes that grew and stopped, and he said it most likely was still cancer - but he didn't care as long as it wasn't growing.

Thanks! They claim you are 'cured' after 5 years, but I don't buy it - I'll want yearly scans after that.

I asked my oncologist point blank last time, since there were nodes that grew and stopped, and he said it most likely was still cancer - but he didn't care as long as it wasn't growing.

Good idea going back and getting a yearly exam to prevent cancer. Hell we should all do it. That is some sneaky shit.

I wondered how long it would be before our fourms saw a VD thread. Suprise suprise that April would be the first to deliver.

:fly:

Hey now, tomorrow's topic is syphilis!

God Dammit. :(

The age limit is because by the time people are that age they have probably already been exposed to it. This vaccine is for four types of HPV, going and getting the vaccine if you already have it will prevent the other three.

I'd say ask your doctor just in case.

So if I get the vaccine will it give me super powers and let me go Super Saiyan?

19645a653365b54b.jpg

I went in for my yearly girly exam yesterday with Zac pushing me to get the HPV vaccine (so he can galavant around without me knowing.) :fly: :hi2u:

So I get the vaccine and it's three shots at three different times.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST women on this forum to look into this. You do not want to be caught with cervical cancer down the road.

It prevents four different types of HPV, two of which are the warts. That should be a selling point right there. Ewww.

Or you could just have a penis. LOL at inapplicable risks.

they just ran a story on this on headline news...it said you should ideally be given the treatment before you are sexually active...does this mean fly doesn't get any? :fly:

So it doesn't prevent cancer directly, it prevents the different HPVs that have been known to cause the cancer? What if you're not sexually active, or are only sexually active with one partner, would there be any benefit to that?

The age limit is because by the time people are that age they have probably already been exposed to it. This vaccine is for four types of HPV, going and getting the vaccine if you already have it will prevent the other three.

I'd say ask your doctor just in case.

So wait, is HPV only spread by sexual intercourse?

what if you're older than 26 and still want it, simply for the cancer prevention
aspect?

and is this yet ANOTHER vaccine that's going to be forced on my child, totaling around 30? :rolleyes:

Vaccines are great. I wish I could get this one, not that I'm high risk for this anymore, but it's always good to be safe.

Thorn, why are you upset about making your kid get vaccines? Jonny B is right, imagine your kid getting polio or meningitis or any of those other diseases that are totally preventable. I think a few shots is way better than the alternative.