How long have you had your shoes.

My most recent pair of shoes are these:

13028-001-1.jpg

:drool: I'm totally gay for nice shoes like that.

if I am not in a formal situation I'll wear my 558s:

http://www.newbalance.com/fitness/walking/MW558/

but I'm weird like that.

And crocs can go die in a fire (although not literally because that would be bad for the environment you see)

Last edited:
My shoes range from new (bought within the past couple of months) to 10 years old. The older shoes are ones that were purchased to go with a specific dress that I don't wear very often.

My last pair of kicks were purchased just after my wedding 6 years ago. I just replaced them over the winter. They weren't worn out in the soles or anything, they just looked dirty and out of date. The only shoes I can remember wearing out are ones that I bought at Payless. They sell cheap shoes that don't hold up over time, but sometimes that's okay I suppose.

I have an insane shoe fetish though, so I always have a ton of options and switch up often.

Same here. After 10 years of that I have a heel spur on my right foot, too. Try putting cushioned insoles in those little unyielding motherfuckers. You can't even get your foot back in them.

I find taking good care of them helps out. I put mine in those cedar thingys, and made sure I got the right size. It helps when you go to a shoe store that would today be considered "full service" and make sure you get the right width and shit.

Although I'm the sick fuck who likes wearing nice things :fly: I still need to find a hat, after that I'd be complete.

today's pair- last week
yesterday's pair- last year
monday's pair- 3 years
i've also had my docs mary janes for like 6 years. their soles are sad. also, i have a pair of black heels that have gone unrivaled that i wore to a wedding that i've had for 10 years.

Running shoes - 2 years
Dress shoes - 2 years
Adidas Sambas - 5 years
Skechers boots - 6 years

I wear my dress shoes about 12 hours a day on average, and I get them re-soled when they wear down. I can't imagine buying new dress shoes with regularity. I'd be broke.

i was wondering this the other day. how much does it cost to resole shoes? i was wondering how these little shops are staying in business...

it's kind of like getting your pants hemmed or whatever. by the time you pay for the service, you could've replaced 'em (assuming they aren't too expensive, of course.) or so i'm guessing.

^^naw, I saw something the other day that stated shoe resoling has seen a spike in business due to the slow economy. cheaper to resole than buy new. dunno how much it costs personally.

Isn't this better though, cause then you always have an excuse to buy the latest style. I wouldn't want shoes to last more then a couple years cause then I'd never get to buy new ones and I'd be wearing outdated shoes. Like most of the shoes I had when we got married were clogs, I don't want to still be wearing those, it's all about little heels and wedges now.

I dunno, I always end up getting the same ones. :p

51V44znPWAL._AA400_.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at some new steel toe boots for when I have to work on constructions sites earlier. If my boss agrees to cover part of the cost I'll get a pair. He's done things like that in the past.