How long have you had your shoes.

dress shoes I'm wearing at the moment are about 6 months old...I bought 3 pairs of nice shoes for work last year...sneakers and flipflops are older and their appearance doesn't really matter much to me

I buy most of my shoes from Payless. The pair I am wearing now I have had for four years. They are still in decent shape.
I have a pair of Sketchers that I have worn for about 6 years that are still in decent shape. I have some cycling shoes that I have worn for perhaps 10.

step away from the pipe son. ;)

the appearance of my dress shoes matters to me like your sneakers do to you...different priorities...sneakers and flipflops are just utilitarian to me...not that any of mine really look like shit but their appearance is a lower priority

s'all good man.. f'n wit ya.

in related news,saw a homie at the gym yest who was complaining about "the shoes I went and bought to wear to Gators Sunday got destroyed."

coulda' told him that. 1000 people. crunk. in the sand. not good for shoes.

Running shoes - 2 years
Dress shoes - 2 years
Adidas Sambas - 5 years
Skechers boots - 6 years

I wear my dress shoes about 12 hours a day on average, and I get them re-soled when they wear down. I can't imagine buying new dress shoes with regularity. I'd be broke.

I really only wear 3 pair, the rest just take up closet space. My favorite pair, leopard print flip flop heels, I've had a year. Sadly they are starting to fall apart, but I got them on clearance for 5 bucks, so I can't complain. The other two pair, Old Navy flip flops, I've had about 6 weeks. I need more pairs so I have more colors to choose from. They only cost 2.50, so I figure I can easily justify at least 10 more pair.

I wear cheap Target shoes that don't last more than about 6-8 months.

Isn't this better though, cause then you always have an excuse to buy the latest style. I wouldn't want shoes to last more then a couple years cause then I'd never get to buy new ones and I'd be wearing outdated shoes. Like most of the shoes I had when we got married were clogs, I don't want to still be wearing those, it's all about little heels and wedges now.