How long have you had your shoes.

G-Shock

Flaccid Member
Feb 25, 2009
Dallas
Marklar
₥0
I think I've seen 3 posts where people have had the same pair of shoes for years.

I mean I understand trying to get your cash out of them, but don't you have shoes for different occasions ? Are these shoes that you are getting repaired ?
I get if you have a nice pair of dress shoes that you've had shined and repaired over the years, but I don't get how you could wear a pair of chucks since 2002.

My oldest pair was 2 years ago, but they got a big burn on them going camping last year so I tossed them.

Tennis shoes I keep until they start to wear out and then that pair becomes my get dirty shoes and a get a new pair of tennis shoes. So about 2 years depending on wear and tear. I usually have a few different colors.

My work shoes I've had about 3 years or so but I polish them regularly so they last longer. I'm going to start looking for a new pair sometime in the next few weeks.

Normal dress shoes last longer because I wear them so infrequently.

I normally don't check out shoes in post. Coughshoefetishcough

i had my last pair of birks for seven years. i have shoes i had in high school still, though my feet grew a 1/2 size per pregnancy. i have two pair of ankle boots i've had for about five years. i've had my cowboy boots two or three years.

Work boots, 2002, they've been resoled. THey are my 'everyday' shoes. Have cheap in the house sandals too, 2005 I think.

I think the pair of hiking boots I am wearing now I got last summer. I have the old pair of hiking boots I keep for spares, around the house, etc. I have a pair of Nike's basketball shoes I've definitely had for several years. I don't wear them that often and so they don't really appear to be old. I also have some dress shoes, but I rarely wear them. And a pair of steel toe boots, but my podiatrist said they will fuck up my feet if I wear them constantly, so I don't wear them much anymore.

I mostly wear steel toed work boots, so they tend to last a bit longer than regular shoes.
They have a "shoe truck" that comes around once a year, and we get a "free" pair off it. Free being up to 100$ , over that you have to pay. But theyre good shoes. I got a pair of doc martens the last time. I get a new pair about every other time the truck comes.

I'ma shoe hore.

prob 5 diff pair of black dress shoes for diff occasions. same for the brown/burgandy w/tassles joints.

6 or 8 pair of shox, varying in age from 2 years to 3 mos.

3 custom pairs of Nikes. one with my face on them. :hay: another pair I ordered at Niketown NY. only pair of shoes like that in the world, which I thought was pretty cool. you can go to nike.com and design your own, but only four NIketowns worldwide that carry extra materials and colors, etc. NY, London, Paris, and Sydney I think.

4 or 5 pair of basketball shoes though I rarely play anymore.

3 or 4 pairs of summer time Kenneth Cole sandals.

um.... told you shoes were one of my vices. I attribute it to growing up in the Jordan era. and I played ball, so fresh kicks were a must.

my eldest son also has the shoe gene.

Runners: 7 years
Boots: 3-4 years
Work / Dress: less than a year
Skate: 4 - 5 years
Sandles: 10 - 11 years

The fact you wear Dr. Martins to work is sexy.

What is it with the Hip Hop culture's love of shoes? And Scarface? Every rapper on cribs goes on and on about both.

I have one pair of converse I've had for 4/5 years, they're pretty fucked. The other pair I stole from my kid sister and I've had them for 1.5years, they're fucked.

My work heels I wear everyday I've had for like 8 months, they're fucked.

Aside from that I have some pink crocs which are in good condition, they're 2 years old.

My walking boots I've only worn a couple times and I've had them 6 months. My other boots and such I just threw out because they were in a right state.

A lot of people here know what my hooker boots look like, I've had them for 6 years or so, last used them 3 years ago.

maybe you answered your own question..

It's "just a hip hop thing."

i mean, why do country boys like to put skoal in their back pocket til it makes the lil ring?

why do surfer dudes talk that way?