Ontopic How did your parents discipline you?

R-504.jpg

manual labor.

Pull 1000 dandelions out of the lawn, count each one out in front of my dad and show him the intact root or it didnt count. Mouth off more, thats another 100, etc.

Shovel huge portions of snow in winter, just shoveled 10x10 sections of 2 foot deep snow off the lawn for when i got in trouble.

Punishment was immediate. I get in trouble at 10pm? I go out in the cold and shovel snow until punishment is done, whether its 1am, or 11pm.

Very effective. Hated it at the time, but in retrospect, i like the methodology.

manual labor.

Pull 1000 dandelions out of the lawn, count each one out in front of my dad and show him the intact root or it didnt count. Mouth off more, thats another 100, etc.

Shovel huge portions of snow in winter, just shoveled 10x10 sections of 2 foot deep snow off the lawn for when i got in trouble.

Punishment was immediate. I get in trouble at 10pm? I go out in the cold and shovel snow until punishment is done, whether its 1am, or 11pm.

Very effective. Hated it at the time, but in retrospect, i like the methodology.
1000?

jc

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
manual labor.

I'm adopting this.

manual labor.

I did this with my daughters. They were pretty well behaved.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
manual labor.

This would never work on my son.

I wish there was a way to find out the right way to raise your child without going through a bunch of wrong ways first.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I got my ass beat. usually a belt, one time I had to pick a switch off the willow tree. once, when I was having a hard time learning how to ride my bicycle on our gravel driveway, my dad threw my bicycle at me.

• Gravy
Reactions: \m/
I was a good kid but my parents both have issues. My dad was verbally abusive and would threaten to physically hurt me (he occasionally would grab me by the arm or neck) and my mom was verbally and physically abusive. My dad is a better man now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk