Ontopic How did your parents discipline you?

\m/

A fragrant deposit of ass root beer
Sep 27, 2012
Marklar
₥3,964
It was the wire hanger for me and my sister.

But it was the wooden spoon that stopped my mom from disciplining me physically.

I was 14 and she grabbed a wooden spoon from the kitchen draw and tried to spank me with it. I just laughed. Then she laughed. She never touched me again (though she did slap me across the face when we were on vacation in Hawaii and I suggested we could get some sour cream when she asked if we wanted to make homemade tacos at the hotel for dinner).

Actually, now that I think about it, the slap was for being too loud or something in the back.

The homemade-tacos-for-dinner incident went more like this:

Mom: You guys wanna make tacos back at the hotel for dinner?
Sister: Yeah!
Me: Yeah! Can we get sour cream too?
Mom (sounding absolutely disgusted with me): JESUS CHRIST, Steven, nothing is ever good enough for you!

This was me for the rest of car ride:

LuKhMfW.jpg

I guess with all the money my mom saved up (and charged to credit cards) to be able to take my sister and I on a wonderful vacation, asking to get a dollar's worth of a taco condiment was over the line.

edit: for the record, I wasn't being spanked at the age 14. At that point I hadn't been spanked in years. Maybe that's why it was so comical at the time.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
I cried when I was born so they put me up for adoption. They showed me.
My dad split when I was 8.

He got stationed in Korea and got some lady pregnant.

My mom filed for divorce.

He came back to the states and raised his new family.

I've never heard from him (my sister has talked to him through email though, and my half brother tried to friend me on Facebook).

my dad spanked me a couple times. when i "borrowed" a neighbors car he punched me in the face. If i was really bad he would threaten to put the dog in the freezer. He never would have but he knew it always made me stop acting up

Freezer dog. I never thought of that.
I can always use it against the grandkids.

There was no corporal punishment in the Nukes origin household.
I was a drug addicted punk, and spent my entire senior year grounded.

Every other night my friends would bust me out of the basement bulkhead so I didn't actually STAY grounded.

The night my mom kicked me out of the house, I was tripping balls and it SEEMED every light in the house was on. Being that I was tripping balls, I calmed myself down. "Sure, it LOOKS like every light in the house is on. But I'm tripping balls, so looks can be deceiving". Took my shoes off, snuck up the front steps per usual drill, had my key out and attempted to make a silent entry.
Mom's face popped up in the door window.
"Nope, wasn't the acid. I'm fucked!".
She punched me for a full minute.
For the record, she really hit like a girl.

• Gravy
Reactions: \m/
There was no corporal punishment in the Nukes origin household.
I was a drug addicted punk, and spent my entire senior year grounded.

Every other night my friends would bust me out of the basement bulkhead so I didn't actually STAY grounded.

The night my mom kicked me out of the house, I was tripping balls and it SEEMED every light in the house was on. Being that I was tripping balls, I calmed myself down. "Sure, it LOOKS like every light in the house is on. But I'm tripping balls, so looks can be deceiving". Took my shoes off, snuck up the front steps per usual drill, had my key out and attempted to make a silent entry.
Mom's face popped up in the door window.
"Nope, wasn't the acid. I'm fucked!".
She punched me for a full minute.
For the record, she really hit like a girl.
After I graduated high school the crazy bitch was still trying to tell me I wasn't allowed to go out at night with friends.

I moved out less than a month into summer.

edit: I was 18, had a job for going on 2 years, and was enrolled in college. Shit wasn't good enough.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
the worst was nothing physical or mental. He went outside and grabbed my bike and threw the fucker against a tree until it was bent to hell. I was extremely rustled

Your old man is cold blooded. You should have told me he was doing that, I woulda kicked his candy ass.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes