House update

ChikkenNoodul said:
Basement was finished half-assedly by previous owners?

You be the judge: (take when we were inspecing the house)

base1.jpeg

base3.jpeg

base4.jpeg

ChikkenNoodul said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh man, that's like quarter-assedly

This one got fixed once we realized it was a problem:

On one circuit was the microwave, all the outlets, the lights, and either the stove or the fridge (one of the big appliances - I can't remember which one)

2 circuits total for the entire kitchen. We are now at 3 circuits for the kitchen. (Stove, Fridge, other appliances and outlets)

Drool-Boy said:
yeah Id be gutting that basement and starting over too

I'm actually going to add walls with outlets on them too. Currently it's just the stone blocks visible and painted. Once everthing is gutted, gonna make sure that there's no damage either.

Coqui said:
This one got fixed once we realized it was a problem:

On one circuit was the microwave, all the outlets, the lights, and either the stove or the fridge (one of the big appliances - I can't remember which one)

2 circuits total for the entire kitchen. We are now at 3 circuits for the kitchen. (Stove, Fridge, other appliances and outlets)
Jebus, at least my stove is on it's own circuit.

I have to take pictures of the wiring in the basement, you would not believe it. :fly:

shawndavid said:
We just redid the nook in the kitchen and, thanks to my gayness, it's now Amy's favorite room in the house.

What about the bathroom? I got video of your half finished project from the party.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Jebus, at least my stove is on it's own circuit.

I have to take pictures of the wiring in the basement, you would not believe it. :fly:

I'm glad my Father-In-Law's a licensed electrician. Makes everything much easier and cheaper. (I pay him in beer, and he'll actually drink cheap stuff too :p)

I have to cut the grass. Problem is though, it has done nothing but rain for the past few weeks. Once that's done, that's all that I'm doing to the house for the forseeable future. It's perfect the way it is.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Damn, that's quite a racket

When I graduated college, he willingly polished off the Natty light a roomate gave to me :D

EDIT: I do pay him with $3.50+ a beer on many occasions just because he deserves it as well.

Coqui said:
When I graduated college, he willingly polished off the Natty light a roomate gave to me :D

EDIT: I do pay him with $3.50+ a beer on many occasions just because he deserves it as well.

Haha, you got screwed. My dad's an electrician as well and also very handy with any tool you can think of. He's does stuff for me and gladly just accepts that I gave him a grandchild as payment.

kiwi said:
Haha, you got screwed. My dad's an electrician as well and also very handy with any tool you can think of. He's does stuff for me and gladly just accepts that I gave him a grandchild as payment.

Total costs for beer this month for me - ~6.00

How much did you spend this month on the grandkid? ;)