House update

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,507
About a month and a half ago, our countertop guy finally showed up with the finished tops to install on our new kitchen cabinets.

He calls my wife and tells here that the cabinets are far from level, and it's the worst install he's ever seen. She calls our contractor and screams at him :fly: he basically hasn't done a thing or called us since. Mind you, in a 240 year old house there's no such thing as level.

So the countertop guy tells us he'll fix the cabinets, since the counter was already cut they had to match perfectly otherwise it'd be a waste of a slab of granite $$$

FINALLY the counter is in when we show up this past weekend :happy: and it looks great, the upper cabinets still need some work which we'll have to do ourselves. We discover that our contractor broke in and took a couple of his tools that he had left, despite the fact that he still has some of OURS that he stole :mad:

Try to re-install the stove, and discover that he'd thrown away some parts as well as the manuals. :rant:

Then the best part - I turn the heat on (forced hot water) for the first time, and one zone is completely dead and the other leaks like a seive! :happy: The fucker didn't even do the first thing he was supposed to fix right. I guess I'll be doing a crash course in heating system repair, since I no longer trust any half-wit who claims to be a service professional of any sort in that area.

So, how're y'alls remodeling projects going? :D

Im gonna start a built-in TV cabinet in the master bedroom this weekend.
Itll have fold-away doors and extra storage above.
After that Ill probably build a built-in book case for the office/computer room.

Drool-Boy said:
Im gonna start a built-in TV cabinet in the master bedroom this weekend.
Itll have fold-away doors and extra storage above.
After that Ill probably build a built-in book case for the office/computer room.
Built anything else recently? You're quite the 'wood worker'

Ooooh Chikken
you post and you post about your progress
But in my mind this nonsense is digress

Talk about your really manly body
And how getting all wet is your true hobby

I miss all the pics of your diving
It's the source of life from which my pants they are thriving!

I don't do home improvement projects right now since we won't be here long enough to really put a lot of time into it. But the next house is a different story.

Sorry you are having trouble.

I HATE home remodeling. I had the kitchen redone in FLA house prior to moving to TX - what a nightmare. Cab guys put in cabinets, counter guys complained the cab were not level (worse they ever seen - which paniced me), counter guys layed the granite and told me if any one moves the cabinets or dishwash they had to be extremely careful or the granite could crack. Called cab guys to tell them to fix the unlevel cabs. they came in and said they couldn't becauser granite was layed and they were afraid to move anything. Plumber sink guy came in and complained about both cab and counter guys. Every one took longer then they were suppose to ... and I had to move to TX so I was paniced if it would even be by time I left.

Most stressful time of my life!

elpmis said:
Ooooh Chikken
you post and you post about your progress
But in my mind this nonsense is digress

Talk about your really manly body
And how getting all wet is your true hobby

I miss all the pics of your diving
It's the source of life from which my pants they are thriving!
Elpmis makes my pulse a-quicken
Even though I may be stricken

With a lack of time with which to devote
To diving from a boat

NAFLA cons have me stuttering
With so many breads to be buttering

gottoys? said:
Sorry you are having trouble.

I HATE home remodeling. I had the kitchen redone in FLA house prior to moving to TX - what a nightmare. Cab guys put in cabinets, counter guys complained the cab were not level (worse they ever seen - which paniced me), counter guys layed the granite and told me if any one moves the cabinets or dishwash they had to be extremely careful or the granite could crack. Called cab guys to tell them to fix the unlevel cabs. they came in and said they couldn't becauser granite was layed and they were afraid to move anything. Plumber sink guy came in and complained about both cab and counter guys. Every one took longer then they were suppose to ... and I had to move to TX so I was paniced if it would even be by time I left.

Most stressful time of my life!
Goddamn, sounds like the same shit here

At least I'm not alone :eek:

Though our countertop guy at least installed the sink, and it looks like I'll be doing the plumbing...