Tampa House Hunting Adventure

One big problem is that's it's in Brandon. In a few more years that place is going to be nothing be meth and red necks just like sefner.

Eh, everything is expanding out here. Eventually it'll all be urbanized.

The only reason Brandon had its "golden age" of expansion was the influx of people at CENTCOM and Socom between 03 and 08. They needed a cheaper area for all of the folks to live. During the highest rush I bet 80% that lived there had some tie to MacDill. With the wars done and the continued draw down all around it will continue to empty out. Just look at Temple Terrace. 10-12 years ago that was the very nice end of town with the country club, golf courses, etc. Now it's a complete shit hole because everyone moved.

search sucks! it's like it won't search the two mos prior to your search date. This has been going on for a while. This forum is making me drink way to much alcohol because of the shitty searching!

I just spent over an hour fixing this stupid thing. You fuckers better love me.

Holy shit.
Ladybutt found us a place that... Holy Christ I love it. We will be looking at it tomorrow or Monday, but if it falls through for whatever reason I'll post about it.

Neighborhood was started in the mid-80s, every house has a lot that is at least 15,000+ sq-ft, mature oak trees, canopy road, one entrance/exit to the place, great schools, great sense of community amongst the neighbors (we met the head of the HOA, talked to one of the neighbors for half an hour or so about the neighborhood), HOA fees are low as shit.
It was great.

Previous post about house-looking

both i guess.

price range
beds/baths
radius (towns? ones that have good school districts?)
style of home (rancher, victorian, bungalow,etc)
size of lot
trees/no trees
pool?
etc
garage?
workshop?
These are all pretty much minimum requirements, more is always good, but not necessary

Ideally $150-175, although we aren't adverse to going about $50K north of that (but we don't want to)
3/3
What exactly do you mean by radius? We like the Seffner, Riverview, and Brandon areas (certain areas there at least), friends moved near Winthrop Town Center, Riverview and we and they both love the area right there.
Style doesn't really matter, but we are leaning more towards older houses though.
Roughly 10,000 ft^2 minimum
God yes, trees (fun fact, neighborhoods with mature trees are statistically less likely to have crime, that's not why we want mature trees though). Ladybutt wants mature citrus trees, I've got no issues with that, but I doubt it'll be on many houses we see.
Fuck yes
Don't care about the Etc
Fuck yes, 2 car minimum, ideally 2.5+
If there is one, hopefully the workshop/storage area would be built into the garage, but I would be happy with an out-building like the one we looked at today,

Other:
somewhat close drive to Interstate access so Ladybutt can get to work easily, updated kitchen/bathroom, fenced in yard for dogs, not on a main road.

Not sure what else we might be looking for, but those are highlights.

Holy shit.
Ladybutt found us a place that... Holy Christ I love it. We will be looking at it tomorrow or Monday, but if it falls through for whatever reason I'll post about it.

Neighborhood was started in the mid-80s, every house has a lot that is at least 15,000+ sq-ft, mature oak trees, canopy road, one entrance/exit to the place, great schools, great sense of community amongst the neighbors (we met the head of the HOA, talked to one of the neighbors for half an hour or so about the neighborhood), HOA fees are low as shit.
It was great.

do not become emotionally attached to houses.