Tampa House Hunting Adventure

That's good. A lot of realtors will ignore you the second they figure out you're VA. It's technically illegal to turn down a client on that basis but it's commonplace.

There are tons of restrictions, as you know. Especially for buyer's agents. I've seen some bad deals where the agent gets a 0% commission. Yikes!
There are a fair amount of them, yes, but this guy has been working in this area for 20+ years so he is very familiar with how it works. A seriously great guy, I'd hang out with him outside of this home-buying stuff, and I normally don't like people.

Hey @Floptical
Could you get me a link to where you read that from?

Also, apparently Citi decided that we foreclosed on a home.... today? :wtf:
I'm seriously wondering at what point we bring a lawsuit against them.

Here is the link I used but I found the exact page under multiple links. The VA will take what the CB is saying. You'll need to get the CB on with Citi to work it out. Don't worry to much like I said I had to do everything short of giving up my first born to finally clear the VA. It got so dragged out that I almost said the heck with it and went the normal route. Every week they wanted something new for no reason and no real justification.

http://www.mortgagecreditproblems.c...re-great-but-youve-gotta-pass-a-caivrs-check/

Last edited by a moderator:
We have an executive at Citi's credit branch actually helping us out and writing letters for us. I literally do not know what else to do to get the CBs to fix this shit... It's frustrating at a minimum

It's getting tempting, but a house two doors down from us is 200 sq. ft. smaller than ours and doesn't have the amenities ours has....and is selling for twice what we originally paid for our house.

It's getting tempting, but a house two doors down from us is 200 sq. ft. smaller than ours and doesn't have the amenities ours has....and is selling for twice what we originally paid for our house.
We went and saw one house that the guy was listing for $225K, location was ok but way far out of city limits, and the house was trashed. Guy didn't clean anything or prep anything, it was obvious that he had just heard his neighbors had sold their houses for at least that much and wanted to cash in.
I don't think I would have offered $175K

We went and saw one house that the guy was listing for $225K, location was ok but way far out of city limits, and the house was trashed. Guy didn't clean anything or prep anything, it was obvious that he had just heard his neighbors had sold their houses for at least that much and wanted to cash in.
I don't think I would have offered $175K

Could use a fresh coat of paint and cleaning up, but our house is definitely better. We have a huge deck, he doesn't. We have a great room/family room. He doesn't. We have a bigger yard. He has a better fence. We have newer major appliances and a newer roof.

Could use a fresh coat of paint and cleaning up, but our house is definitely better. We have a huge deck, he doesn't. We have a great room/family room. He doesn't. We have a bigger yard. He has a better fence. We have newer major appliances and a newer roof.

Yeah but his is Puerto Rican free

That's good. A lot of realtors will ignore you the second they figure out you're VA. It's technically illegal to turn down a client on that basis but it's commonplace.

There are tons of restrictions, as you know. Especially for buyer's agents. I've seen some bad deals where the agent gets a 0% commission. Yikes!

precisely why i didnt use the va

Apparently USAA doesn't take into account CAIVRS, so it looks like we won't be able to use a more private company to get a slightly better rate. Unfortunately we'll still have to prove Ladybutt didn't foreclose on a house today.

Also, VA home loans don't seem to be too strenuous here, our neighbors went through and got it taken care of, from putting an offer in to closing within less than a month.

Apparently USAA doesn't take into account CAIVRS, so it looks like we won't be able to use a more private company to get a slightly better rate. Unfortunately we'll still have to prove Ladybutt didn't foreclose on a house today.

Also, VA home loans don't seem to be too strenuous here, our neighbors went through and got it taken care of, from putting an offer in to closing within less than a month.

The lender itself has zero to do with it. They are going to do whatever the VA says size they are underwriting. If the VA says no because of CAIVERS then the VA isn't an option and you'll have to do a regular one. My lender was very clear during the process that they had zero to do with it.

The lender itself has zero to do with it. They are going to do whatever the VA says size they are underwriting. If the VA says no because of CAIVERS then the VA isn't an option and you'll have to do a regular one. My lender was very clear during the process that they had zero to do with it.

She got off the phone with one of the supervisors in USAA's underwriter dept. half an hour ago. They said it isnt a factor
:shrug:

She got off the phone with one of the supervisors in USAA's underwriter dept. half an hour ago. They said it isnt a factor
:shrug:

If they work it out with the VA then that's cool and for your specific situation it shouldn't be a factor. I'm just saying the bank it self has zero say in a government backed loan.