Tampa House Hunting Adventure

FUCK YOU, I DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVA! WHATEVA!

Seriously dude, no shit. My realtor can't even find the place in any of his listings yet, until then I can't even go see it.

FUCK YOU, I DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVA! WHATEVA!

Seriously dude, no shit. My realtor can't even find the place in any of his listings yet, until then I can't even go see it.

fsbo? IE, no MLS listing?

In that case, fuck the realtor (depending on the terms of the contract you signed with them) and just go see it yourself.

Thoughts please:

Yesterday we found this house, at around noon we called our realtor to schedule a viewing for noon today. We visited the neighborhood, talked to a couple people there, got some general info about the neighborhood, etc etc. We ended up calling him at about 5 or 6 to find out if he had found anything and he said that he couldn't find anything on the house. We went home, did some more looking, found maybe two or three more houses we liked and emailed him with the info for them, he responded in an email almost immediately with "got it." This morning we called him around 11:30 to find out if we were still on and he said that we couldn't because he could not find any info on the house. We asked him about the other houses and when we could expect to look at those houses and we told that he had an appointment with another client at 3 and had to go to the office to get ready for that but "maybe we could see it in a couple of days."

Every time we have contacted him, it has been something that we initiated.
He has been slow to respond every time we try and get ahold of him.
Every house we try and look at ends up being shown several days after we ask about it.

We aren't happy, and with this economy if we are going to jump on a property we are going to need to do it quickly. We are pretty sure we want to dump him as a realtor and find another. Can anyone think of reasons not to?

Ladybutt and I have been lookin for houses (I had my criteria in here somewhere, but search is still fucked up cause @fly has been :fly46:ing the forum)

We went and looked at http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1603-Lark-Ln-Brandon-FL-33510/44977598_zpid/ today.
The yard and how big the pool was were the best things about it, and even then the yard would require either constant maintenance or me tearing half of it out.

The house smelled like Old People. The interior was extremely dated, the kitchen was old and once you got inside it it felt cramped. The house felt like it needed two or three main walls to be knocked down or have windows put into them. Then there were the... strange design choices
Overall I felt like the asking price was easily $15-20K too high for what would need to be put into it to get it nice.

good idea

I like...

What the fuuuuuuuu......
This place has awesome bones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts please:

Yesterday we found this house, at around noon we called our realtor to schedule a viewing for noon today. We visited the neighborhood, talked to a couple people there, got some general info about the neighborhood, etc etc. We ended up calling him at about 5 or 6 to find out if he had found anything and he said that he couldn't find anything on the house. We went home, did some more looking, found maybe two or three more houses we liked and emailed him with the info for them, he responded in an email almost immediately with "got it." This morning we called him around 11:30 to find out if we were still on and he said that we couldn't because he could not find any info on the house. We asked him about the other houses and when we could expect to look at those houses and we told that he had an appointment with another client at 3 and had to go to the office to get ready for that but "maybe we could see it in a couple of days."

Every house we try and look at ends up being shown several days after we ask about it.

We aren't happy, and with this economy if we are going to jump on a property we are going to need to do it quickly. We are pretty sure we want to dump him as a realtor and find another. Can anyone think of reasons not to?

did you sign a contract?

Thoughts please:

You call the agency and request another realtor. And explain why!! Better yet, call the broker DIRECTLY and have them refer an agent. If he is this slow with motivated buyers and you just started with him, imagine how slow your buying process will be! And how keen is he going to be with catching anything "special" on the seller's contract?? Get rid of him. fast. We have to do this all of the time with realtors. I get rid of them at the first sign of slowness. If I have to call them more than once on important issues, they're gone.

Last edited:
Also: ALWAYS remember that your agent is getting a cut of whatever you sign...You should not be doing their job AND paying them!

i mean a contract with the realtor, not a contract on a house. Up here, all the realtors require exclusivity contracts which lock you into using them for a certain time period, most try for 6 months, but thats a pretty BS time.

Yah, but what he said was...he visited the neighborhood. that's all. Then called his realtor, who is inept.

And yes, MD contracts are freaking horrid to deal with.

USAA MoversAdvantage program, no contract.
Our one concern is that this goober might actually be trying to get contact info for the house we like.

The rest of the realtors there can do the same. And it does not matter what he says he is doing. There is no reason for the delay.

Thoughts please:

No, of course not. Dump him and find someone who makes you happy. And tell him why you dumped him.