Hooray for discrimination!

Is gay marriage widely embraced worldwide?

Are Marlboros?

no. not at all.

yes.

maybe the next pope will watch that glee episode where the mo kid is all "dad i'm gay" and the dad's all like "yeah, i know. thanks for telling me though." and then they hugged and i was all like "omg that's the best show evar!!!" and ian's all like "omg jess are you crying? you're such a fag" and i'm like "don't say that! didn't you learn anything!!" and he's like "yeah i learned this" and then he started dancing and singing single ladies and i was dying laughing. if the pope did that? yeah. that would be rad.

yes, but the question that's more pertinent is would db and chim be married if it were legal for them to do so? if they would be, then they would be spouses for the purposes of this transfer.

if not then the complaint is moot.

we would have been married years ago if it was legal

no. not at all.

yes.

maybe the next pope will watch that glee episode where the mo kid is all "dad i'm gay" and the dad's all like "yeah, i know. thanks for telling me though." and then they hugged and i was all like "omg that's the best show evar!!!" and ian's all like "omg jess are you crying? you're such a fag" and i'm like "don't say that! didn't you learn anything!!" and he's like "yeah i learned this" and then he started dancing and singing single ladies and i was dying laughing. if the pope did that? yeah. that would be rad.

omg really? This is who I have to persuade? You can definitely forget about me planning your wedding

omg really? This is who I have to persuade? You can definitely forget about me planning your wedding

dude, whine away about not having extended benefits for your buddy and being discriminated against. it sucks, sure, but fact is, all over the world, it's illegal to be gay. period. jail time, death sentences, torture. maybe your big gay cup could be half-full once in a blue moon. whine about shit that matters in the grand scheme of things. maybe you could move to fucking iowa. problem solved.

and lol @ you planning my wedding with craft store goodies. don't be so freaking temperamental. you're stressing me out.

and yeah, buddy. you can gladly thank the pope and his buddies @ the vatican for the general stance on homosexuality. the ones who say it's not a sin to be a homosexual, but it's a sin to engage in sex outside of marriage? the one's who say acts of homosexuality are sins? if your gonna care so much about an issue, maybe you should know your shit.

that was my first in about a week. i'm gonna try to go back to work tomorrow, though. i'm sure i'll hear it daily again.

*resists making hr is discriminated against comment sort of succesfully...

Bitch is not using sugar coating. I don't have a problem with that. Midge hasn't done the bitch fest against a single member here that I have read so I was surprised.

bitch.

dude, whine away about not having extended benefits for your buddy and being discriminated against. it sucks, sure, but fact is, all over the world, it's illegal to be gay. period. jail time, death sentences, torture. maybe your big gay cup could be half-full once in a blue moon. whine about shit that matters in the grand scheme of things. maybe you could move to fucking iowa. problem solved.

and lol @ you planning my wedding with craft store goodies. don't be so freaking temperamental. you're stressing me out.

and yeah, buddy. you can gladly thank the pope and his buddies @ the vatican for the general stance on homosexuality. the ones who say it's not a sin to be a homosexual, but it's a sin to engage in sex outside of marriage? the one's who say acts of homosexuality are sins? if your gonna care so much about an issue, maybe you should know your shit.

You know what? You are absolutely right.

In the grand scheme of things, me and my kind, to put it insultingly crudely, are genetic zeroes. On a sheer biological level there is no reason for us to exist.

Not only are we giving back nothing to humanity in the way of successors, we are damaging the current population with attention-steering thoughts and fueling monies to purposes that are not necessarily for the better good (charity money for LGBT centers, for instance, can be better spent on child planning services). We are a burden on our families pointed out by the higher rates of suicide because of guilt we experience. We contribute very little at all to the wellbeing of children as we wouldn't normally have any (without the societal construct of adoption).

Is it right and justified, however, to argue that because another country puts a human to death because of having consensual sexual relations with someone of the same sex that it is ok to discriminate the same way (with less violence) here?

Is it fair to herd our people to one place not of our free will but to be around each other and away from our families because of something that has been coded into our DNA that cannot be changed?

The pope and Christianity in general (75% of the belief system in this country) site passages (mistranslated, mind you) about the abomination that is homosexuality (for which there actually is no word for in Hebrew). They have guidelines that believers of the Christian philosophy should follow. There are also other people in that 25% that believe live and let live. There are even people in that 75% that say live and let live. That doesn't mean they are right and the pope and Christianity is wrong.

But to be a citizen of the US, one has to abide by the law of the land. And that land clearly states a separation of church and state. It might not always be followed, but it's there. Christians might have Biblical proof homosexuality is a sin, but that is their impression of that book. That is not the law of the land, nor should the law of the land be governed by that book. To be a citizen of the US indeed that book is NOT to be followed as the law of the land.

Please inform me what part about this issue I do not know about. Please inform me how I am wrong and you are right. You are right about the grand scheme of things, but again the law of the land states all men* are created equal. Christians can pass judgment on me, but civilly they cannot and should not touch me.

as much as i love dave, this post was fucking hilarious :lol:

"maybe your big gay cup could be half-full once in a blue moon." outstanding

So I just got an email from the company that is conducting my relocation and they will not give compensation for "domestic partners". They will, however, to spouses and dependants, no problem. Don't even have to show a marriage license or birth certificate for either of them.

The issue is chim and I can't get married in Ohio. It won't be recognized. Therefore by definition we are not spouses. We would be "domestic partners". Sure we could get a marriage license in another state or country, but it still won't qualify as Ohio strictly enforces any binding between two people that is not a certified marriage is unrecognizable in the law.

What makes this more interesting, however, is that my company is global. We have facilities where gay marriage is legal. Hell the NA HR department is in Conn, in which gay marriage is legal. Technically in that state, chim and I can be spouses and we would be covered. Because it is Ohio, however, we cannot.

Yes I know it will be the same story from the Lone Star state, but it is still discrimination any way to slice it.

[rush voice] WELCOME TO OBAMAS AMERICA THE CHI-COMMS HATE HOMOS /[RUSH VOICE]