Hooray for discrimination!

If they aren't having the married couples show documents... why don't you just change your W4 and claim you are married?

"This country" is what we the people have made it. So technically it isn't backwards at all. It's forwards. And also side-to-side.

And perhaps perpendicular.

If they aren't having the married couples show documents... why don't you just change your W4 and claim you are married?

The document itemized your spouse. I was required to put my spouse's name on their. Now if chim was named Pat say, I think I could have slid it by no problem. But the paper did explicitly ask for whole name, so I would have had to put Patrick and that would have been flagged. Same for Chris, but maybe Tony would have worked.

That's fucking retarded. I would say congrats on leaving Ohio but you're heading to an equally retarded back-asswards redneck mecca.

Nah, that's just means you the people are also backwards..

Over 300 million people from every country on earth. I would call our legislation "representative" of the status quo. Most people just don't want gays to marry. Some day that may change, but for now it's what they want. *shrug*

Over 300 million people from every country on earth. I would call our legislation "representative" of the status quo. Most people just don't want gays to marry. Some day that may change, but for now it's what they want. *shrug*

Are you implying that America is well representing the majority of beliefs worldwide?

So I just got an email from the company that is conducting my relocation and they will not give compensation for "domestic partners". They will, however, to spouses and dependants, no problem. Don't even have to show a marriage license or birth certificate for either of them.

The issue is chim and I can't get married in Ohio. It won't be recognized. Therefore by definition we are not spouses. We would be "domestic partners". Sure we could get a marriage license in another state or country, but it still won't qualify as Ohio strictly enforces any binding between two people that is not a certified marriage is unrecognizable in the law.

What makes this more interesting, however, is that my company is global. We have facilities where gay marriage is legal. Hell the NA HR department is in Conn, in which gay marriage is legal. Technically in that state, chim and I can be spouses and we would be covered. Because it is Ohio, however, we cannot.

Yes I know it will be the same story from the Lone Star state, but it is still discrimination any way to slice it.
can you claim him as a dependent?

or, since you don't have to show a marriage certificate, just say you're spouses.

But, say, I was just living with someone, a girl, whom I was not married to, and I was going through the same ordeal, would this not mean I would have the same issue?
yes, but the question that's more pertinent is would db and chim be married if it were legal for them to do so? if they would be, then they would be spouses for the purposes of this transfer.

if not then the complaint is moot.