Baby hey parents! this could be important

in AMERICA, they don't tolerate any of that metric kilometers per hour BULLSHIT, so the car is completely different.

Yeah, gotta change out the throttle body for a imperial one :lol:

my 4runner has both mph and km/h

No, because we all know what happens when you try to use both.

cough nasaloosesanothermarsprobe cough

About 10 years ago there was a push here to switch to metric measurements on all drawings.
There was a huge pushback(wtf) and they ended up putting BOTH on a lot of drawings.
Talks about confusing
:waw:

Yeah, gotta change out the throttle body for a imperial one :lol:

my 4runner has both mph and km/h

fucknuggle, the throttle body being different is a possibility given that safety regulations in the US are more strict than in Japan. GM had a hell of a time getting the fully electronic throttle body to pass certification when they put it in the vette and new generation of caddys.

fucknuggle, the throttle body being different is a possibility given that safety regulations in the US are more strict than in Japan. GM had a hell of a time getting the fully electronic throttle body to pass certification when they put it in the vette and new generation of caddys.

I know at least in motorcycles with EFI, different sized throttle bodies are used fairly often depending on which country the bike goes to for emissions requirements.

That could play into it as well.

ok. can you show me a source? Because your words is about as useful as a Burqa.

Thanks, but unfortunately they don't touch on much that could have anything to do with the random acceleration issue.

Questions left in my head:
1. Were there different parts (pertaining to the random acceleration issue) used in the production of American bound Priuses?
2. Are these parts different because of a choice made by Toyota, or regulations in the US?

Thanks, but unfortunately they don't touch on much that could have anything to do with the random acceleration issue.

Questions left in my head:
1. Were there different parts (pertaining to the random acceleration issue) used in the production of American bound Priuses?
2. Are these parts different because of a choice made by Toyota, or regulations in the US?

fucked if i know. the only real difference i can see that's not an option on north american models is the gas tank.

do we know how many issues there were in america that caused the recall? keeping in mind the average north american drives 20,000km a year vs 13,000 for a euro, based on the prius wiki site, i think that may account for the gap, no?

there's also the fact that only douchebags drive prius's... they probably hit the gas pedal on accident than spaz out cause they're little bitches and let go of the wheel screaming like a chick instead of... you know, hitting the brake pedal.

i'd have more eco-respect for them if they'd quit doing 50 in a 65 in the fast lane.

Or shift into neutral at the very least.

Of course, as much as I'm not fully convinced that the Toyotas had a real problem, this will be an issue with fully electric vehicles.

So many devices will freeze and not shut off unless you gank the battery or pull the plug, that sounds like an awful lot of fun at 70mph on a highway that turns into a C road in 200 yards.

I'd think I want to install some sort of master cutoff switch in the sucker.

i'd have more eco-respect for them if they'd quit doing 50 in a 65 in the fast lane.

So it's not just the Prius drivers around here.

I saw a bumper sticker I might get for my 4runner. It said; "My [insert name of gas guzzler here] burns the extra fuel your Prius saves."

Or shift into neutral at the very least.

Of course, as much as I'm not fully convinced that the Toyotas had a real problem, this will be an issue with fully electric vehicles.

So many devices will freeze and not shut off unless you gank the battery or pull the plug, that sounds like an awful lot of fun at 70mph on a highway that turns into a C road in 200 yards.

I'd think I want to install some sort of master cutoff switch in the sucker.

Yeah, there's probably some regulations that state fully electric machinery must be suited with a larger red button kill switch.

Then you'd probably need a spare battery to run the hydraulics for the brakes & steering.