Help, We Are Getting Screwed By a Company

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
So what do you do if you have an AC company come out eight times to fix the same problem and they are incompetent to do so? We have spent $4,500.00+ on this so far and it still is not done correctly.

Very frustrating.

They lied to us too... so what can a person do? I was thinking spamming the review sites and tear them apart, but that won't get our AC working.

I want them to make it right, but they are obviously refusing to do so.

Hep hep.

Bitch and moan. If you ring the company moaning enough in a firm but not angry tone then they WILL do what you tell them to. Tell them it's simply not good enough to keep paying call out charges for a problem that they haven't so far fixed and that you're not willing to carry on paying for engineers who can't fix the problem you have. Tell them they better send somebody to fix it or you're going to I dunno, depends how big the company is, complain, get a lawyer. Just try to be as nice as possible but firm.

Bitch and moan. If you ring the company moaning enough in a firm but not angry tone then they WILL do what you tell them to. Tell them it's simply not good enough to keep paying call out charges for a problem that they haven't so far fixed and that you're not willing to carry on paying for engineers who can't fix the problem you have. Tell them they better send somebody to fix it or you're going to I dunno, depends how big the company is, complain, get a lawyer. Just try to be as nice as possible but firm.

We have been nice and we have been firm... it has been eight solid times and it still isn't fixed. Feels like our hands are tied. :(

Both things I've thought about... can I just threaten them I may take these routes? I don't know the first thing about suing a company. (Which makes me non-American, pretty much.)
Call a lawyer, ask them if they'll take a look at the case or if they can reccomend another lawyer who handles these types of cases. Lotta times they'll give you a consult for free.

If you threaten a small business with being sued they definately will not help you out in my experience. They'll not even speak to you.

If youve already spent 5k on them and they still arent helping it's time to find someone else. If they owe you something, like the repair or equity for it you are only going to recover it by taking them to court.

This is a common thing in the construction industry. There are companies who do something, and do it not quite right so it keeps breaking, then the customers call them back over and over and over and they make incredible amounts of money by repairing it /sorta/.

So what do you do if you have an AC company come out eight times to fix the same problem and they are incompetent to do so? We have spent $4,500.00+ on this so far and it still is not done correctly.

Very frustrating.

They lied to us too... so what can a person do? I was thinking spamming the review sites and tear them apart, but that won't get our AC working.

I want them to make it right, but they are obviously refusing to do so.

Hep hep.

I would speak to the owner and tell them that you are in a position where if you do not receive the appropriate help from him/her that you will go to outside resources (BBB, TV, Blogs). Especially in this economy, I would hope that a company would want to keep their customer.

Do you know if this is a big company? Maybe there is a regional manager or corporate office that you could speak to.

I would speak to the owner and tell them that you are in a position where if you do not receive the appropriate help from him/her that you will go to outside resources (BBB, TV, Blogs). Especially in this economy, I would hope that a company would want to keep their customer.

Do you know if this is a big company? Maybe there is a regional manager or corporate office that you could speak to.

It's a small local company and the owner doesn't care.

I'm thinking getting a lawyer to hassle them will do the trick. I like drools idea too and will leave a nice comment there.

Lawyers are expensive tho.

Before you do anything, file a grievance with the tampa better business bureau, and the tampa chamber of commerce.

Those two actions alone tend to get attention. You will also find out if others have lodged similar complaints against the firms.

Also, bring in a second AC company to work the issue, and back bill their work to the first company. This gives you a technical leg to stand on showing that the issue was fixable, and that the solution employed was different than the bogus work the other company did.

Those three actions should be steps 1, 2, & 3.

It's a small local company and the owner doesn't care.

I'm thinking getting a lawyer to hassle them will do the trick. I like drools idea too and will leave a nice comment there.

Lawyers are expensive tho.

Ask that lawyer that you use for tickets if he can help you out or if he knows of anyone that can. Tell him flat out that you are a good client and you refer people to him and that you would appreciate some assistance.

^^^this is probably what I'd ride with.

I've had moderate success with the "i'm going to call channel 8 if this isn't resolved" routine.

you're scaring me now, since you know I've got the AC issue as well. I have really been checking the licenses, size, and how long a company's been in business. Um, I also had a construction buddy tell me that, if possible, you should NEVER pay the full amount up front. I guess there are contracts/legal docs you can draw up that guarantee payment only once work is done, correctly. that part may not help now, but food for thought.

good luck. sounds like such bull$hit, and life's just too hard without EXTRA bull$hit. :heart:

Ask that lawyer that you use for tickets if he can help you out or if he knows of anyone that can. Tell him flat out that you are a good client and you refer people to him and that you would appreciate some assistance.

LOL @ me being a good client. I've been good lately, I swear!

Small Claims Court (assuming $4500 is still in the jurisdiction of the small claims court). Just represent yourself to save on the lawyer.

This.

But, sometimes it is worth paying a lawyer 250 bucks to send one of those nice lawyer letters threatening a suit. When a consumer threatens suing usually the company will shrug it off, if you paid a lawyer to write them a letter they usually take notice.

Have you guys been paying each time they have come back to fix the problem? I wouldn't have paid them beyond the first visit...they should be fixing any of their mistakes for no charge after that.