Ontopic Healthcare.gov

population number don't mean anything. If anything the fact that Australia with much less population and similar land mass and dispersion, should show that it's very possible here in the US.

Tax rates are higher, salaries are higher. Australians are more happy than Americans.

Population means everything. If the government is picking up the bill for 350 million people vs 22 million people there is a huge cost difference.

I don't even think we rank in the Top 10 in healthcare man. And I'm pretty sure we spend more per patient than the next five or so countries combined.

How many times have you been treated outside of the US.? Better yet how many times have you been treated in a social type wait system in the US like the VA or a HMO facility?

Population means everything. If the government is picking up the bill for 350 million people vs 22 million people there is a huge cost difference.

Holy shit dude that is silly.. I'm going to let you have a chance at taking back that comment.. Seriously.

Holy shit dude that is silly.. I'm going to let you have a chance at taking back that comment.. Seriously.

How is that silly Professor? It's basic math if say it costs to government 10k a year per person for health care 350 million people is going to be a large bill than 25 million. Especially when you take into account as a country grows larger the average tax revenue goes down due to the gap in wealth.

How is that silly Professor? It's basic math if say it costs to government 10k a year per person for health care 350 million people is going to be a large bill than 25 million. Especially when you take into account as a country grows larger the average tax revenue goes down due to the gap in wealth.

Dude, the government collecting tax dollars from 350 million is going to generate a SHIT TON more than collecting tax dollars from 25 million. And that, sir, is how you get the extra money to pay for it. I.E. No different than everyone else is doing.

Dude, the government collecting tax dollars from 350 million is going to generate a SHIT TON more than collecting tax dollars from 25 million. And that, sir, is how you get the extra money to pay for it. I.E. No different than everyone else is doing.

Using that logic would say that China and India by far have the largest tax revenue generated.

I've been in hospitals in alot of the countries and I would rather be treated in a back alley hospital then a hospital in the DR. Come on man that list is based on the amount the country pays vs the private sector. It has nothing to do with quality.

Last time I checked, it was based on the statistics of the population. Things like longevity and infant mortality. We are TERRIBLE.

So if you need something done do you have to wait? Why do people from Canada sometimes come to the US for surgeries etc vs waiting?

Depends on the procedure. Something like having a knee scoped, you'll probably have to wait a bit. Do you have to pay for it - not at all. No out of pocket fees.

People who want to pay cash and have stuff done immediately go to the US. Also, some people here go to the US to participate in Clinical trials for procedures that aren't approved for regular use here, such as the MS procedure my boss' wife participated in in upstate NY.

I've been in hospitals in alot of the countries and I would rather be treated in a back alley hospital then a hospital in the DR. Come on man that list is based on the amount the country pays vs the private sector. It has nothing to do with quality.

my insurance would pay for me to be flown back in a helicopter over being treated in some central american countries.