Ontopic Healthcare.gov

And all that means is that healthcare is now more expensive. It could have been done at any time, just requires more money from you.

it shouldn't change anything. people without ins still went in for care. people with preexisting conditions still got care. it just wasn't accounted for on a national level. the doctors can't refuse treatment. In fact there are laws that say docs must give x amount of pro bono work.

It's the same with 'if you can't afford an atty one will be appointed. . . '

What we have coming up is a health plan designed by bureaucrats who've never designed a health plan. Remember when you made your first fort? It didn't work, looked like shit, fell down, and needed to be redone many times before you figured out what worked with your supplies. Obama & your legislators don't give a fuck what happens to you when this doesn't work, they just want their name on a cool idea.

These people are NOT the professionals you want taking care of your health.

it shouldn't change anything. people without ins still went in for care. people with preexisting conditions still got care. it just wasn't accounted for on a national level. the doctors can't refuse treatment. In fact there are laws that say docs must give x amount of pro bono work.

It's the same with 'if you can't afford an atty one will be appointed. . . '

What we have coming up is a health plan designed by bureaucrats who've never designed a health plan. Remember when you made your first fort? It didn't work, looked like shit, fell down, and needed to be redone many times before you figured out what worked with your supplies. Obama & your legislators don't give a fuck what happens to you when this doesn't work, they just want their name on a cool idea.

These people are NOT the professionals you want taking care of your health.

You have to start somewhere. The idea that it shouldn't launch until it's absolutely perfect is asinine. It'll never be perfect.

Do you not see what's going on right now? How easy do you think it will be to fix this later? :lol:

So we should have just sat on our collective hands and done nothing? This is long overdue and as previously stated, you have to start somewhere. It will never be perfect.

So we should have just sat on our collective hands and done nothing? This is long overdue and as previously stated, you have to start somewhere. It will never be perfect.

But it *could* be perfect. There are countries all over the world where social healthcare is done VERY well. Instead of adopting one of those, we decided to do this.

Since she has to buy her own policy, I'm not sure of the ramifications of April's healthcare costs next year. However, her premiums are likely to double.

You have to start somewhere. The idea that it shouldn't launch until it's absolutely perfect is asinine. It'll never be perfect.

it's the mandate & the oversight that's the problem. If the gov't wants to come up with some crap plan then they need to offer it as an option. they can fix their option until they like it or until it gets voted out due to stupidity.

But it *could* be perfect. There are countries all over the world where social healthcare is done VERY well. Instead of adopting one of those, we decided to do this.

Corporations will never allow that.

Yes and it those area's the tax rate is super high to pay for that stuff on top of the population numbers don't always match.

Since she has to buy her own policy, I'm not sure of the ramifications of April's healthcare costs next year. However, her premiums are likely to double.

Sounds like fuzzy math. :p
Does anyone know what they're going to be paying yet if they enroll?

Sounds like fuzzy math. :p
Does anyone know what they're going to be paying yet if they enroll?

It's not. Young people are seriously subsidizing the old. April's monthly premiums go up and her grandmother's go down. Oh, and her $10k deductible policy for responsible people that save for eventualities like healthcare, is now illegal. :tard:

You realize what our costs for health care are versus the rest of the industrialized world right? :lol:

And you do realize it's not the same medical system across the entire industrialized world. Quality, wait times, options, etc. I know all of our UK employees carry additional insurance because the provided one sucks in their views. I'm not arguing that we have a massive inflated price on our healthcare due to the insurance companies but at the same time you get what you pay for.

It's not. Young people are seriously subsidizing the old. April's monthly premiums go up and her grandmother's go down. Oh, and her $10k deductible policy for responsible people that save for eventualities like healthcare, is now illegal. :tard:

Where are you getting these numbers?

Yes and it those area's the tax rate is super high to pay for that stuff on top of the population numbers don't always match.

population number don't mean anything. If anything the fact that Australia with much less population and similar land mass and dispersion, should show that it's very possible here in the US.

Tax rates are higher, salaries are higher. Australians are more happy than Americans.

And you do realize it's not the same medical system across the entire industrialized world. Quality, wait times, options, etc. I know all of our UK employees carry additional insurance because the provided one sucks in their views. I'm not arguing that we have a massive inflated price on our healthcare due to the insurance companies but at the same time you get what you pay for.

I don't even think we rank in the Top 10 in healthcare man. And I'm pretty sure we spend more per patient than the next five or so countries combined.