Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

So saw my transplant hepatologist today. Last time I was at her office she sent me to the ER >.< Anyway, she recomputed my MELD+Na score and it is 14 as of my last complete blood workup which is pretty amazing since it was 38 something last year around this time. 17 is the 'recommended' score for a transplant. The average person is around 8-12. So technically now Im 'stable' with liver damage basically dont need a transplant unless I decompensate severely. The stuff like the sepsis can cause me to decompensate but with my current drug regime Im pretty normal, I cant drink or have a lot of salt but Ive made insane progress otherwise. Even my bilirubin is almost normal.

So saw my transplant hepatologist today. Last time I was at her office she sent me to the ER >.< Anyway, she recomputed my MELD+Na score and it is 14 as of my last complete blood workup which is pretty amazing since it was 38 something last year around this time. 17 is the 'recommended' score for a transplant. The average person is around 8-12. So technically now Im 'stable' with liver damage basically dont need a transplant unless I decompensate severely. The stuff like the sepsis can cause me to decompensate but with my current drug regime Im pretty normal, I cant drink or have a lot of salt but Ive made insane progress otherwise. Even my bilirubin is almost normal.

that’s great news!!!