Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I just lined up a shave and a shower for tomorrow, if I feel up to it. I couldn’t have done it today, I just felt too shitty and even though I’ll basically be as limp as a dummy and let them do it all, I still have to feel well enough to do it.

So, I looked in my iPad calendar for an idea of how long it’s been. I trimmed the beard down to 1/2” and head to 1/16” on June 4. The last shower I took was actually 2/3 of a shower because I had a chest tube and couldn’t wet about 1/3 of myself- was on May 10th. That’s right. I haven’t showered since May 10th LOLOLOLOL
Is that Caesar Salad I smell? :) Hope it goes good for ya - ya dirty hippie. Hugs baba.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: fly and Immigrant
I just lined up a shave and a shower for tomorrow, if I feel up to it. I couldn’t have done it today, I just felt too shitty and even though I’ll basically be as limp as a dummy and let them do it all, I still have to feel well enough to do it.

So, I looked in my iPad calendar for an idea of how long it’s been. I trimmed the beard down to 1/2” and head to 1/16” on June 4. The last shower I took was actually 2/3 of a shower because I had a chest tube and couldn’t wet about 1/3 of myself- was on May 10th. That’s right. I haven’t showered since May 10th LOLOLOLOL
Small victories then!

I see now why people bottle up their emotions. It turns out opening up about the shit going on in my head was a mistake. Wife had an anxiety attack, apparently from the stress of me having suicidal thoughts. So now I have to put on a happy face and pretend everything is okay.

I know I need a therapist and it’s in my plans. I just need to sit down and make myself do it. I get 5 free visits with my insurance. I honestly think my wife needs therapy more than I do, but I don’t even know if it’s a good idea to mention it to her. Suicidal thoughts aren’t hurting me, there’s no part of me that feels anywhere near an attempt (couldn’t do that to my kids), but I’m worried about the anxiety attacks.

On a brighter note, I’m working out 3 days a week with a buddy at work, who happens to be the only atheist I know, so I can actually talk about real shit with him. I’m forcing myself to continue and it seems to be helping. I also cut grass at home yesterday and today. Somehow I’m finding motivation to do things. Probably a good sign.

Sorry to ramble, but if I post about it then I’m reminded it’s real. If I have to be fake around my wife, I need something to keep me from believing the bullshit.

I see now why people bottle up their emotions. It turns out opening up about the shit going on in my head was a mistake. Wife had an anxiety attack, apparently from the stress of me having suicidal thoughts. So now I have to put on a happy face and pretend everything is okay.

I know I need a therapist and it’s in my plans. I just need to sit down and make myself do it. I get 5 free visits with my insurance. I honestly think my wife needs therapy more than I do, but I don’t even know if it’s a good idea to mention it to her. Suicidal thoughts aren’t hurting me, there’s no part of me that feels anywhere near an attempt (couldn’t do that to my kids), but I’m worried about the anxiety attacks.

On a brighter note, I’m working out 3 days a week with a buddy at work, who happens to be the only atheist I know, so I can actually talk about real shit with him. I’m forcing myself to continue and it seems to be helping. I also cut grass at home yesterday and today. Somehow I’m finding motivation to do things. Probably a good sign.

Sorry to ramble, but if I post about it then I’m reminded it’s real. If I have to be fake around my wife, I need something to keep me from believing the bullshit.
You Can Do It Love GIF by Sarah The Palmer

Post away. We’ll always listen. I’d like to say we’ll listen and not judge but @APRIL still shows up occasionally.
:jvag:

Ramble MORE. Work out MORE. Talk to your friend MORE. It’s okay to tell your wife but yes, adjust the filters a little tighter and don’t tell her she needs therapy if you think she’ll take it adversely. That’ll drive her away from it. As for you and therapy, take it from the column marked “plans” and add it to the column marked “scheduled”. Tomorrow is Thursday. That’s a good day to call them I’d say.

Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem. So it’s out of the question, and won’t work.

I have a social worker assigned to me. During every visit, she asks “Are you still having thoughts about hurting yourself?” Very visit. You know where she got that?

When I was being discharged from one of my first trips to the hospital, I had a chest tube from a collapsed lung and was told I had some “masses” inside a lung. I was also told I didn’t qualify for a visit from a nurse to stop by, and I didn’t qualify for this or that, and I said “Well shit. I guess I’ll have to throw myself in front of a train soon.” The social worker who away telling me I didn’t qualify (not the same one) wanted me to clarify and I said “Well, I saw the shit my mom went through and she HAD all the things I don’t qualify for, and I’ll be damned if I’m going through that without what she had, so I’ll have to figure out another way.” and we went our merry ways.

I ended up back in the hospital less then two weeks later with the same lung collapsed even worse and upon discharge, found out I qualified for more stuff! Aha! The sicker you are, the more you qualify for. Then I had the whole dying on the operating table thing happen, and I qualify for as much or more shit than my mom did. It’s hard to say since she had great insurance and money, whereas I’m on Medicare Medicaid and poor like a hobo’s butthole, so I needn’t worry about the train leap. But the gal has to ask the question after every visit.

A few visits ago, she forgot to ask so I caught her on it. Then I laid into her pretty good, because she had a cohort with her and my nurse was there also. Informed her that she was, and I used these words, “You are a total pain in the ass. And that makes you good at your job. Why do I feel it’s my place to judge you? Next time you go to my house (she goes there to talk to my son), look at the shelves above the table you sit at.”

She will see at least 9 college level psychology class textbooks including a DSM 4, and three sociology textbooks. I didn’t want to go into psychology as a career if I kept going (I got too sick to keep going) but since it was my dime, I wanted to learn about ME and those around me. Then I told her to look around my room and when she turned her head, I pulled a knife and plunged it into her throat nah just kiddin

All of that is true except the last sentence. Wanna keep thing jocular and light hearted!

Love you @OOD

• Love
Reactions: OOD and wetwillie

Teachers are under a lot of stress right now, would be very good to dial that stuff back. But you - please keep up with the buddy. And highly consider the therapy. We love you and want you to feel better.

Staying busy is often good, as long as you don't add things to your plate. Completing things is very positive for the head.:heart:

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD