Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Quick phone call today with the nurse from the surgeon's office confirmed that I'll be out of work recovering for another 3+ weeks while this open wound heals. Nothing more that can be done. I'm a week out since surgery and I see zero progress towards healing. Changing gauze 3x a day, all gross and nasty. Edge of the wound is at the inflamed stage right now. Feels like an open flame on my skin most of the time.

Merry fucking Christmas to me!

Quick phone call today with the nurse from the surgeon's office confirmed that I'll be out of work recovering for another 3+ weeks while this open wound heals. Nothing more that can be done. I'm a week out since surgery and I see zero progress towards healing. Changing gauze 3x a day, all gross and nasty. Edge of the wound is at the inflamed stage right now. Feels like an open flame on my skin most of the time.

omg yikes!! do you at least have pain killers or something to make you feel comfortable

Fuuuck. See if they'll give you some silver gauze if it continues not to heal. Sounds like hippie shit, but it's good science

I am now in week 10 of long covid. Yesterday I was exhausted because I stayed up late watching TV Saturday. I had to walk Dax because he desperately needed to go out and exercise, after that 15 minute stroll I spoke to a friend on the phone for half an hour and was then dead to the world. Passed out in bed and couldn't get up the rest of the day. I've woken up feeling just as bad today. This is going to be the perfect end to 2020.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
I am now in week 10 of long covid. Yesterday I was exhausted because I stayed up late watching TV Saturday. I had to walk Dax because he desperately needed to go out and exercise, after that 15 minute stroll I spoke to a friend on the phone for half an hour and was then dead to the world. Passed out in bed and couldn't get up the rest of the day. I've woken up feeling just as bad today. This is going to be the perfect end to 2020.

See you in 2021.

Maybe.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I've woken up this morning feeling sort of okay. Taken the dog for a walk, having cups of tea. Wondering when I'll crash again. Maybe this is the end!!!
You just spent a day resting - of course you feel better. I can't figure out if I have long covid or not. Like I told my wife "I'm 60, I do shit that causes aches & pains, I smoke dope and drink moderately. Plus I'm an insomniac. How could I tell?" But seriously, hope you get feeling better. I agree with others - for a smallish person you seem to really put down the sauce once you get started. Maybe that is a factor to your good & bad days?

You just spent a day resting - of course you feel better. I can't figure out if I have long covid or not. Like I told my wife "I'm 60, I do shit that causes aches & pains, I smoke dope and drink moderately. Plus I'm an insomniac. How could I tell?" But seriously, hope you get feeling better. I agree with others - for a smallish person you seem to really put down the sauce once you get started. Maybe that is a factor to your good & bad days?
I met up with a friend after work yesterday. He had covid about a week before I did. Two months later he still has issues breathing from time to time.

I'm not drinking at the moment since it doesn't seem like it would conducive to recovery. Any pics posted are Joe's that I wanted to show zac and april.

And my drinking is pretty British standard. We have the genetics for it. I can't wait to be better to drink tasty beer.

It's almost mid day and I'm still feeling good!

I'm not drinking at the moment since it doesn't seem like it would conducive to recovery. Any pics posted are Joe's that I wanted to show zac and april.

And my drinking is pretty British standard. We have the genetics for it. I can't wait to be better to drink tasty beer.

It's almost mid day and I'm still feeling good!
Nobody has genetics for it. Brits are as susceptible to alcoholism and sugar related issues as anyone else.
Glad you're feeling better.

Nobody has genetics for it. Brits are as susceptible to alcoholism and sugar related issues as anyone else.
Glad you're feeling better.

But here it's almost impossible to tell who's an alcoholic and who isn't. We all drink loads. I seem to remember people on here being surprised when I drank the bottle of grain alcohol @Dory brought back from the US and pronounced it sweet.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
I also forgot to point out that the death rates from liver disease and alcohol are lower in then UK than the US despite the fact we consume on average 26% more alcohol so we're getting away with it better.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie