Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

holy hell,

454 people on board the quarantined cruise ship have tested positive for coronavirus. I cant help but think it might have been better to get them all off and isolate them rather than keeping them in an ideal disease vector situation where they are all in close quarters

holy hell,

454 people on board the quarantined cruise ship have tested positive for coronavirus. I cant help but think it might have been better to get them all off and isolate them rather than keeping them in an ideal disease vector situation where they are all in close quarters
Might have been too late/pointless. Cruise ship is big but still fairly close quarters. I'd vote for keeping them all on the ship. Not sure how you isolate 3700 people(total on the Diamond PRincess) - which is what you'd really need to do to contain it.

Ya can't get much more quarantined than a ship. Should let it run its course then draw the blood of the survivors, be some good antibodies in there.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Ya can't get much more quarantined than a ship. Should let it run its course then draw the blood of the survivors, be some good antibodies in there.
The mortality rate is fairly low and it's not a terribly unique coronavirus. Viral antibodies don't' work the same as bacterial. The survivors will only have binding antibodies(useless for vaccines) initially. Months later they will develop neutralizing antibodies. Which aren't the same as antibiotics -antibiotics don't work against viruses. I'm sure they've been tapping some of the early survivors.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The mortality rate is fairly low and it's not a terribly unique coronavirus. Viral antibodies don't' work the same as bacterial. The survivors will only have binding antibodies(useless for vaccines) initially. Months later they will develop neutralizing antibodies. Which aren't the same as antibiotics -antibiotics don't work against viruses.

I read that as being yet another scare and not some crisis level pandemic the way some people are acting. I couldn't even buy a pack of dust masks, like for sawdust and shit. Home depot was sold out and the guy at CVS said they were sending all theirs to doctors offices and wouldn't sell any to the general public, so I just used a wet bandana outlaw style.

I read that as being yet another scare and not some crisis level pandemic the way some people are acting. I couldn't even buy a pack of dust masks, like for sawdust and shit. Home depot was sold out and the guy at CVS said they were sending all theirs to doctors offices and wouldn't sell any to the general public, so I just used a wet bandana outlaw style.
You may have been infected with it and never even noticed or thought it was just another fucking cold. I buy those cheap bitches by the box but maybe I should wear the dual cartridge respirator in traffic, just to freak people out.:D

• Haha
You may have been infected with it and never even noticed or thought it was just another fucking cold. I buy those cheap bitches by the box but maybe I should wear the dual cartridge respirator in traffic, just to freak people out.:D

Can't even remember the last time I had so much as a cold it's been so long but the respirator mask is a great idea. Maybe I'll wear mine to the grocery store along with some rubber gloves.

And those little bags people put over their shoes when they work in rich people's houses for maximum kungflu effect.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Can't even remember the last time I had so much as a cold it's been so long but the respirator mask is a great idea. Maybe I'll wear mine to the grocery store along with some rubber gloves.

And those little bags people put over their shoes when they work in rich people's houses for maximum kungflu effect.

Wear a lab coat smeared with red too.

I have a selfie around here somewhere wearing a couple of those like fly eyes. Fun!

• Gravy