Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I keep injuring myself in small ways, and I cant remember it at all, which is weird for me as I'm usually pretty cognizant of when I hurt myself. The most common is small cuts on my hands and forearms.

It's not enough to actually slow me down or stop me from doing anything, it's just weird I can't remember.

I keep injuring myself in small ways, and I cant remember it at all, which is weird for me as I'm usually pretty cognizant of when I hurt myself. The most common is small cuts on my hands and forearms.

It's not enough to actually slow me down or stop me from doing anything, it's just weird I can't remember.
I think it's fairly common for peeps working with their hands a lot - it's background pain, you just ignore it at a point to get shit done. I'm staring at some scratches right now and yeah, not a clue of when they occurred.:oops:

You are achieving age.

Pretty soon you’ll have huge blotches and scratches a cuts that are much worse than what you’re describing, with no knowledge of how they came to be. Then you’ll realize you rolled over in bed last night or some other innocuous activity that’ll leave you scarred.

I pretty much always have some nicks and cuts on me. Mostly from working on something. Couldn't tell you how any individual one of them got there.
Has to hurt more to commit it to memory. Ed's "background pain" is a good descriptor.

I know you aren't well, but pooping isn't supposed to be work...

That wasn’t my point. You use your hands for all kinds of things other than work, right?

I’ve accumulated nicks and scrapes etc my entire life without knowing the sources. I guess I’m surprised it’s a new thing to you. You don’t exactly live in a bubble.

That wasn’t my point. You use your hands for all kinds of things other than work, right?

I’ve accumulated nicks and scrapes etc my entire life without knowing the sources. I guess I’m surprised it’s a new thing to you. You don’t exactly live in a bubble.
Most of the day I am in a bubble of items manufactured with the intent of preventing lawsuits by avoiding injury. It's the same bubble we all live in most of the time. That's what I'm saying, normally nothing is around that can cut me.

I got kind of weird about cuts of all kinds when I worked in glass installation, so I pay closer attention to them than I do other injuries. It helps that it takes significant damage to cause me to bruise, so on the rare occasions I do bruise I know exactly what it was.

Some medications can make you susceptible to bruises and cuts.
You could cut yourself just scratching.
Though that's probably not the issue here.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots