Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

@Ledboots I just had a phlebotomist who missed my vein and was getting ready to go stick me again. I was nonplussed. I asked her would you like a consultation with another phlebotomist? Possibly we could have someone else try and find a vein? I'm not happy with people who aren't good at their job of poking holes in me. I seem to have offended her but I really don't care because it's my body. Have you ever witnessed this?

The first phlebotomist acted like I slapped her in the face. The second phlebotomist tried my other arm and she got a vein immediately and got the three tubes of blood that she needed. I feel Vindicated for my decision it's my body I don't want people who aren't good at their job sticking holes in me.

@Ledboots I just had a phlebotomist who missed my vein and was getting ready to go stick me again. I was nonplussed. I asked her would you like a consultation with another phlebotomist? Possibly we could have someone else try and find a vein? I'm not happy with people who aren't good at their job of poking holes in me. I seem to have offended her but I really don't care because it's my body. Have you ever witnessed this?
what if it was Mickey Mouse with a lawn dart?

It's your body, you do as you wish.

Just like it's my body and I should have the option for abortion.

Twice is marginally acceptable imo but 3 times is a no.
The bad ones say "your veins are hard to find." The good ones say "ooh, nice veins, this'll be over in a jiffy." :iono:

The first phlebotomist acted like I slapped her in the face. The second phlebotomist tried my other arm and she got a vein immediately and got the three tubes of blood that she needed. I feel Vindicated for my decision it's my body I don't want people who aren't good at their job sticking holes in me.
Many times when I have to get a blood test the regular lady will ask if her student can do it. I always say yes. They always get it on the first try. Sometimes slick like a pro, and other times like a toddler needing two hands to hold a hot dog.

You realize it's toddler time when they're putting the rubber band on your arm. After that it's "Please God. I know it's going to be bruised, just let her get it on the first stab. Please." :fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots