Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Had to be shitty to my eye doctor today.

His carefully calibrated bullshit focusser said that my eyes have gotten worse than my contacts can correct for (in reality, I'm 20/15 with my contacts in). What's more, the lens that I'm in isn't available in the prescription he wanted to fit me for. So, I went through 3 separate trial pairs, each worse than the last.

Went into the office and demanded my old prescription, and the "lens tech" said that I had to acknowledge that my vision would be "compromised" if I didn't go with a 4th trial. I said, "He's had 3 cracks already, he's not getting a 4th, now if you guys have any hope of collecting your fitting fee, go get me my old prescription and get me out." She came back again with the fact that it wasn't what the doctor said my prescription was according to his bullshit meter, and I had to tell her that I had no confidence in the doc's ability to operate the fuckin' thing, so I'll take "compromised" over "unable to read my computer screen 4 minutes out of every 5".

At any rate, I now have a renewed prescription for the same shit I've worn since 2011, an appointment for a consult with the laser-gun-pew-pew surgeon in the middle of January, and no eye doctor.

My dentist has been hard selling crowns as replacements for my ancient 1970s metal amalgam fillings. Trouble is, it's a $600 deductable (Thanks Obama!) For each crown.

I bit once, then pretty much tell them to fuck off for the remaining 3 ancient fillings.
"Will you be waiving the $600 deductable?
No? Sorry I have kids to house and feed see you for my next cleaning and unnecessary X-rays!".

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I had to color my rifle sights with nail polish last month so I can see them good enough in low light conditions to actually make a shot. Light green on the back, hot pink on the the front. I attribute this to normal aging and will not be consulting an optometrist on the matter. Thanks Obama!

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi
My dentist has been hard selling crowns as replacements for my ancient 1970s metal amalgam fillings. Trouble is, it's a $600 deductable (Thanks Obama!) For each crown.

I bit once, then pretty much tell them to fuck off for the remaining 3 ancient fillings.
No? Sorry I have kids to house and feed see you for my next cleaning and unnecessary X-rays!".
They try to upsell me on the xrays every time. I just tell 'em "no".

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi

Dental care needs to be priority. Right after anal then feeding your kids.

• Gravy
Reactions: tre, adi and MacG