Head Talk

Candy said:
Xanex is a helluva drug... I know I had a panic attack one night that lasted hours. It happened at home, in the middle of the night - I have NO IDEA what brought it on.
Xanex, although I know is not necessarily a good answer, is at least a temporary solution for me. I have constant anxiety - mostly from work and bills I know for sure my mom's side has a history of it.

EDIT: History of anxiety that is, not xanex. LOL.

i'm noticing a recurring pattern of anxiety attacks. I had a few subtle ones when i was in tampa.. a few times :(

i can deal with them, but they make me very uncomfortable.. and some times get VERY close to being overwhelming..

guess i gotta see a doctor :(

pa said:
i'm noticing a recurring pattern of anxiety attacks. I had a few subtle ones when i was in tampa.. a few times :(

i can deal with them, but they make me very uncomfortable.. and some times get VERY close to being overwhelming..

Yeah, they really suck... It's worth a trip to the Doc even if it is just to get another opinion. Sometimes when you know whats actually wrong, it is easier to deal with and could thwart an attack.

I try and not use them as a crutch either; it does help to know it is there if I need it tho.

pa said:

imho, fuck doctors. Learn about it and fix it yourself. Relying on others to fix your problems is the worst thing you can do with panic attacks.

They can be overcome with knowledge, time, and patience.

I spend too much time out of my head. I have dissociative disorder and sometimes I really do just check out. It's weird cause my body is still acting but I'm not there. Antipsychotic drugs really help with this. Other times I can't stop thinking and that drives me crazy too. I hate lying in bed at night with the brain chatter. I try to read or do a crossword puzzle until I fall asleep so I don't have to listen to it all.

fly said:
imho, f*ck doctors. Learn about it and fix it yourself. Relying on others to fix your problems is the worst thing you can do with panic attacks.

I can talk myself right out of going to doctors especially in the mental field. Think about it - they went to college and read all the books and now they make a fortune just asking questions and getting you to answer them yourself.

Yup! I'll just go to a college book store , or online, and buy my own book on the subject and self help.

If it starts affecting my physically (lack of sleep , sick) then I'll take 1/2 of xanex. However, real panic attacks (the uncontrollable phobia ones) then you might need some real doctor.

gottoys? said:
I can talk myself right out of going to doctors especially in the mental field. Think about it - they went to college and read all the books and now they make a fortune just asking questions and getting you to answer them yourself.

Yup! I'll just go to a college book store , or online, and buy my own book on the subject and self help.

If it starts affecting my physically (lack of sleep , sick) then I'll take 1/2 of xanex. However, real panic attacks (the uncontrollable phobia ones) then you might need some real doctor.
I've had real panic attacks recently, where I just have to GET OUT NOW. It's everything I can do not to literally run, but knowledge has really helped me get this under control. Since reading, I have successfully warded off a couple more.

Eventually, my mind will realize that I CAN control them and won't have to worry any longer about future reoccurrances (therefore meaning I won't have anymore attacks).

fly said:
I've had real panic attacks recently, where I just have to GET OUT NOW. It's everything I can do not to literally run, but knowledge has really helped me get this under control. Since reading, I have successfully warded off a couple more.

Eventually, my mind will realize that I CAN control them and won't have to worry any longer about future reoccurrances (therefore meaning I won't have anymore attacks).

Just checking - is this on mind altering drugs or when your normal? Because that use to happen to me way back in the day doing acid :)

gottoys? said:
Just checking - is this on mind altering drugs or when your normal? Because that use to happen to me way back in the day doing acid :)
My first attack was on shrooms a few years ago. My next one was about 2 months ago on ambien. After that, I created the other ones sober. :D

fly said:
imho, fuck doctors. Learn about it and fix it yourself. Relying on others to fix your problems is the worst thing you can do with panic attacks.

I guess this works for a lot of things, but if you had Spinal Meningitis, would you still say fuck doctors and learn about it and fix it yourself? There are some pretty debilitating head diseases out there that really need medication and treatment.

eileenbunny said:
I guess this works for a lot of things, but if you had Spinal Meningitis, would you still say fuck doctors and learn about it and fix it yourself? There are some pretty debilitating head diseases out there that really need medication and treatment.

with_star.jpg

eileenbunny said:
Of course not, but panic attacks can be beaten without doctors. And I'll feel a helluva lot better about myself if I do it alone. :heart:

eileenbunny said:
I spend too much time out of my head. I have dissociative disorder and sometimes I really do just check out. It's weird cause my body is still acting but I'm not there.

How does that work?

Do you ever think to your self - that your really just watching every one living life and you don't really fell like your a part of it all? Like your watching everything in life as if watching a TV show.

My daughter told me this once. I didn't understand where she was coming from. I still don't know what she was feeling. I am too sensitve to my surroundings - I see and feel everything and dammit then think about it.

fly said:
Of course not, but panic attacks can be beaten without doctors. And I'll feel a helluva lot better about myself if I do it alone. :heart:
This isnt quite can't breathe, start shaking, cold sweat stuff though?

gottoys? said:
How does that work?

Do you ever think to your self - that your really just watching every one living life and you don't really fell like your a part of it all? Like your watching everything in life as if watching a TV show.

My daughter told me this once. I didn't understand where she was coming from. I still don't know what she was feeling. I am too sensitve to my surroundings - I see and feel everything and dammit then think about it.
Do some K. You'll understand.

fly said:
My first attack was on shrooms a few years ago. My next one was about 2 months ago on ambien. After that, I created the other ones sober. :D

could it be 'flash backs' from the drugs? ... I use to get those for years. I know alot of acid heads to this day that sometimes get flash backs - bad bad drug.

gottoys? said:
How does that work?

I sometimes feel like that, but more often it's different than that. For example, one day I found myself wandering around in the rain and cold in a town I had no reason to be in. The last thing I could remember was being on my drive home from work. It was 3 hours later than that and I had no idea where my car was. Sometimes I just lose an hour or two. Sometimes I have flashbacks of things that happened in the past and it's like I'm there again. It's really odd.

gottoys? said:
could it be 'flash backs' from the drugs? ... I use to get those for years. I know alot of acid heads to this day that sometimes get flash backs - bad bad drug.
I don't think so, I believe they are just a fear of my next attack.