happy valentine's day.

Thorn Bird said:
i don't want anyone to be something they're not. but if you're always the way you are on here, i pity you. you're too young to be so cynical and bitter. you're living such a busy, full life, i think it's a shame to be so grumpy.

i used to look forward to your posts. lately, you've left a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but honestly. I don't have an easy time like people who maybe work an office job or are studying for a rubbish degree. Of course there's stress in what I do and I'm constantly under pressure to deliver and perhaps because of this, when I see stupid threads or stupid posts, I point them out. This place never used to be in the state it is now and, like genmay, I think it has a long-term penchant to dissapoint.

I'm sorry I can't be as upbeat as you'd like about really funny office humour, or perhaps sexual innuendo. But where I'm from, message boards are for discussion, not for the garbage this place is begining to accommodate.

Galen said:
I'm sorry you feel that way, but honestly. I don't have an easy time like people who maybe work an office job or are studying for a rubbish degree. Of course there's stress in what I do and I'm constantly under pressure to deliver and perhaps because of this, when I see stupid threads or stupid posts, I point them out. This place never used to be in the state it is now and, like genmay, I think it has a long-term penchant to dissapoint.

I'm sorry I can't be as upbeat as you'd like about really funny office humour, or perhaps sexual innuendo. But where I'm from, message boards are for discussion, not for the garbage this place is begining to accommodate.
bahahahaha, office jobs, rubbish degrees. god i'm so glad i didn't go to med school.
while i agree that this place is certainly not the same place i wanted to seek haven in from the "other" forum, there's a simple solution to your undue distress. if you don't like what someone else has said, repeat after me: the back button is my friend

Last edited:
F33nX said:
bahahahaha, office jobs, rubbish degrees. god i'm so glad i didn't go to med school.
while i agree that this place is certainly not the same place i wanted to seek haven in from the "other" forum, there's a simple solution to your undue distress. if you don't like what someone else has said, repeat after me: the back button is my friend

yeah, my office job is a breeze to whatever Galen goes through. So was earning my rubbish degree. It's so easy providing for a family, going to school and taking care of a kid that I'm not sure why I ever complained when there are people like Galen who are waiting to be bitter about the life they chose.

Damn, where is my box of tissue?

SpangeMonkee said:
yeah, my office job is a breeze to whatever Galen goes through. So was earning my rubbish degree. It's so easy providing for a family, going to school and taking care of a kid that I'm not sure why I ever complained when there are people like Galen who are waiting to be bitter about the life they chose.

Damn, where is my box of tissue?
about 99.99999% of med students i know have this martyr-superiority complex about them. this is why i refused to become part of that statistic and instead went towards something more productive.

F33nX said:
about 99.99999% of med students i know have this martyr-superiority complex about them. this is why i refused to become part of that statistic and instead went towards something more productive.

Thorn and I have some friends that are doctors and they work very hard, but not once did I ever hear them complain. Galen must be getting his Major Douche degree.

SpangeMonkee said:
Thorn and I have some friends that are doctors and they work very hard, but not once did I ever hear them complain. Galen must be getting his Major Douche degree.
i work with doctors every day. i made the distinction between med students and real doctors for a reason. med students think they know everything and it is killing them inside all emo-like (yay gross anatomy, i'm about to break) but they're fighting the good fight for the dipshits who are too poor/dumb to be doctors :rolleyes:. doctors realize that every day is still a learning process, whether 2 or 20 years into their licenses. while they make a lot of money and help a lot of people, i don't know many real doctors who feel like martyrs or take their intelligence for granted.

Hmm..I wonder how many of us could have chosen that life...I know I considered it. But if I was going to end up as bitchy as Galen than I'm glad I didn't. If you think this place is like [M] then why hang out here? Go back there and enjoy. Hmmm...lets see, no one here has told me to "Stick a broken glass bottle in my cunt" for voicing my thoughts (by the way I hate that word more than any other in the language) so I don't think it is like [M]. But I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinons...oh wait...I guess that means that we are not like [M] at all.

F33nX said:
I'm sure my friends who took Politics, Sociology, Business Studies etc. at University would totally agree with you. I mean, they understand that those degrees made them more employable. Perhaps that's why they're back wasting money doing postgrads. Oh wait, rubbish degrees, how aloof of me :rolleyes:

That's a great suggestion, seriously. I'm sure you'll happily watch this forum fill with shit. Theac was right.

F33nX said:
Wah wah wah. I didn't do organic chemistry so I could get into some Grade 4 med school. Also, I am not american. God forbid I am dedicated to achieving, is that frowned apon where you come from?

Thanks for pointing out that lab science is more "productive" than medicine. Now I know that people actually believe what they read in the prospectus. If wasting public money is productive, then go right ahead. I'd love to know more about the ovum of an angiosperm.

See, I can be aloof too. :)

JJ Lady said:
Hmm..I wonder how many of us could have chosen that life...I know I considered it. But if I was going to end up as bitchy as Galen than I'm glad I didn't. If you think this place is like [M] then why hang out here? Go back there and enjoy. Hmmm...lets see, no one here has told me to "Stick a broken glass bottle in my cunt" for voicing my thoughts (by the way I hate that word more than any other in the language) so I don't think it is like [M]. But I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinons...oh wait...I guess that means that we are not like [M] at all.
I'm not bitchy, anyone who knows me knows that 99% of the time I am not serious about the things I say, especially when it comes to complaining. But ontop of that terrible form of wit, I just don't see why such a good forum should be so severly undermoderated to allow people to make threads about penises or other stupid shit and get away with it. It certainly wasn't like this last year. I believe in the slippery slope forum philosophy, and things will only go downhill from here.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

If you don't like the content of a thread, then stop reading it. I deal with serious shit and stress all day at work, so when I have a chance to take a break and pop on the forum for a bit, I usually don't want to take part in more serious discussions or arguments about whatever.

When I see a thread like "Political Correctness & the Stifling of Political Debate" or "Global Warming" or some thread where it's pretty much the same 2 or 3 people arguing back and forth about something, I don't even bother to click it. If that's what you want, then fine, stick to those threads. I'll stick to my funny videos and flirting with/pooping on Drool threads.

We need to create another subforum for serious discussions. Let us keep the penis and poop threads in here, and keep the serious arguments/discussion in the other forum.

Last edited:
bast_imret said:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

If you don't like the content of a thread, then stop reading it. I deal with serious shit and stress all day at work, so when I have a chance to take a break and pop on the forum for a bit, I usually don't want to take part in more serious discussions or arguments about whatever.

When I see a thread like "Political Correctness & the Stifling of Political Debate" or "Global Warming" or some thread where it's pretty much the same 2 or 3 people arguing back and forth about something, I don't even bother to click it. If that's what you want, then fine, stick to those threads. I'll stick to my funny videos and flirting with/pooping on Drool threads.

We need to create another subforum for serious discussions. Let us keep the penis and poop threads in here, and keep the serious arguments/discussion in the other forum.

When we dock on saturday, Im letting YOU make the first transfer.
:heart:

Galen said:
Wah wah wah. I didn't do organic chemistry so I could get into some Grade 4 med school. Also, I am not american. God forbid I am dedicated to achieving, is that frowned apon where you come from?

Thanks for pointing out that lab science is more "productive" than medicine. Now I know that people actually believe what they read in the prospectus. If wasting public money is productive, then go right ahead. I'd love to know more about the ovum of an angiosperm.

See, I can be aloof too. :)
what i will do with my phd will help more patients than you will ever see in your medical career. i'd rather be holed up in my publicly funded lab than be angst-ridden while gawking at cadavers. "THEEEEEESE WOUUUUUUUUUUUNDS THEEEEEYYYYYYYY WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Galen said:
That's a great suggestion, seriously. I'm sure you'll happily watch this forum fill with shit. Theac was right.
i never said i would. in fact, i was one of the few who actually enjoyed having a few rules (not "etiquette" suggestions) around here. but the lovely thing about this forum is that it is not an addiction, and i will more than happily quit it when i see fit.