Ontopic Happy 70th, Jimmy Page!

They're not gonna die, they pickled/preserved themselves with all the drugs they've done, ala Keith Richards.

They were better when they were still on drugs.

Drugs: hey, let's put a major 7 chord right in the middle of the verse (under the bridge)! :drool:

No drugs: music is my aeroplane. ;)
RHCP just needs to break up at this point, "hey oh" and "rain dance maggie" are 100x worse than aeroplane. I've listened to their last two albums, thinking there might be something on there worth listening to, but meh.

U2 also.

RHCP just needs to break up at this point, "hey oh" and "rain dance maggie" are 100x worse than aeroplane. I've listened to their last two albums, thinking there might be something on there worth listening to, but meh.

U2 also.
I haven't heard either of those songs.

U2 should have just quit after Achtung Baby. It's been a steady decline since then.

I saw U2 on the Zooropa tour or whatever it was called after Achtung Baby and they were still decent.

U2 also.

Rain dance Maggie is a good tune...

Fuck I hate U2 and I loathe Coldplay OMG /rage

Anyway, what about other awesome classic rock bands?

BOC
Steppenwolf
Dio
Bad Company.... Etc

The chief problem is that we're all relatively in the same wheelhouse within a few years age-wise and we grew up getting the hits from these groups absolutely destroyed by the stations we grew up on. Destroyed to the point of numbness. What was once beautiful has now become grotesque.

Best BOC song: Godzilla

:wtf:

I'm pushing 40.

That means you were pushing 5 maybe 6 when the Toxic Twins broke up.

Motley is announcing their farewell tour at the end of the month. Fuck I'm old. ..

Is this going to be anything like KISS' never ending farewell tour? :fly:

The chief problem is that we're all relatively in the same wheelhouse within a few years age-wise and we grew up getting the hits from these groups absolutely destroyed by the stations we grew up on. Destroyed to the point of numbness. What was once beautiful has now become grotesque.

Best BOC song: Godzilla

TSRH

According to American FM radio Thin Lizzy only had one studio album with 2 songs (Jailbreak and The Boys Are Back in Town) maybe 3 or 4 (Cowboy Song and or Emerald) if your extremely lucky

Admittedly I know zero about BOC's catalog. Never got into them.

My favorite Soft White Underbelly (The band that BOC would form out of and tour under once they became popular in small venues) song:

Once Albert Bouchard left the band in 81 it was all down hill other than the Imaginos album. Which was completely written by Al Bouchard.

Last edited by a moderator: