Ontopic Happy 70th, Jimmy Page!

Is this going to be anything like KISS' never ending farewell tour? :fly:

Gawd I hope not. Doesn't sound like they are going to do the KISS thing, they want to go out while they're still on top of their game. I was always a big KISS fan, Peter Criss is the reason I started playing drums, but it's over. Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are just milking it for every last buck they can get now. They barely move on stage, Paul's voice is shot, and they've pretty much played the same set list since the mid 2000's. I hope now that they are in the HOF and it's their 40th anniversary they take one last bow and call it quits too.

Gawd I hope not. Doesn't sound like they are going to do the KISS thing, they want to go out while they're still on top of their game. I was always a big KISS fan, Peter Criss is the reason I started playing drums, but it's over. Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are just milking it for every last buck they can get now. They barely move on stage, Paul's voice is shot, and they've pretty much played the same set list since the mid 2000's. I hope now that they are in the HOF and it's their 40th anniversary they take one last bow and call it quits too.
I saw KISS a few years ago. Pretty great show (outrageous displays, pyrotechnics, etc) but at the same time, yeah. There's just something wrong about the current drummer putting on Criss's makeup and singing Beth.

I saw KISS a few years ago. Pretty great show (outrageous displays, pyrotechnics, etc) but at the same time, yeah. There's just something wrong about the current drummer putting on Criss's makeup and singing Beth.

Eric Singer is a great drummer actually, played with a lot of people Kiss in the early 90's, Queen, Alice Copper, Black Sabbath, Lita Ford...but I hate seeing him in that make up. Same with Tommy Thayer their lead guitar player who dresses up like Ace Frehley now. What's sad is the two new guys are ones carrying the band now. I saw them last in Detroit in 2009. Good show, great time meeting up with some freinds from around the country, but wasn't the same for me and I haven't seen them since. Time to hang it up boys.

Last edited:
Them's a him. Him and his Led Zeppelins. He's quite the proficient dirigible aviator.

Last edited: