Halp!!!!! I need some ideas for a meeting today.

OH thats fun.
It is. I'm sure they'd say something if we overdid it. So far this year I'm going to take two weeks at the end of July/beginning of August and a long weekend July 4th (Monday off). I'll end up taking a couple more long weekends. That doesn't include that the office is closed from just before christmas eve (typically the 23rd or so) until January 2nd.

yeah, we have liquor too. Actually, since the "conference room" is my boss's dining room table (it's a loft joined to the office by a huge roll-up steel door) we have a full bar. I guess you could count the hot tub on the roof too, but I haven't used that for work yet. Maybe next winter I'll walk around the office in swim trunks and a robe and pop up there during breaks.

In my current office I have a loft upstairs but I just rented it out to a good friends mortgage company that is downsizing. In the corporate office he has one of those like armoire(sp?) looking things with the bar inside of it. Then the conference room has a beer mini fridge and can be turned into a game type room with a dart board type thing and a 50inch flat on the wall. Its pretty cool but I am hardly over there anymore

If I had a hot tub on the roof I would have already moved my desk to the side of it :D

It is. I'm sure they'd say something if we overdid it. So far this year I'm going to take two weeks at the end of July/beginning of August and a long weekend July 4th (Monday off). I'll end up taking a couple more long weekends. That doesn't include that the office is closed from just before christmas eve (typically the 23rd or so) until January 2nd.

We have the same policy, which is why I never take vacations. I think if I were told, hey you have 2 weeks off, I would take it. Since its "take off when you need it" I never feel as if I "need" the time off and dont take as much. I think in the past 5 years I have taken a total of 1 week vacation for my grandpas funeral.

We have the same policy, which is why I never take vacations. I think if I were told, hey you have 2 weeks off, I would take it. Since its "take off when you need it" I never feel as if I "need" the time off and dont take as much. I think in the past 5 years I have taken a total of 1 week vacation for my grandpas funeral.
shit man, go somewhere. take a long weekend trip to mexico just for the hell of it.

shit man, go somewhere. take a long weekend trip to mexico just for the hell of it.

Last real vacation where I left town to actually do something I would enjoy for over a week was 7 years back when I went to Canada. I used to not work weekends though so I went away quite a few times but it didnt effect work for more than 1 day.

I am in desperate need of a vacation but there is just way to much coming in the near future. They sat me down last week and told me what I already knew, I am under paid. As soon as we get this other program going I will become a 20% partner and actually have a piece of the pie. I can go another year without a vacation :eek:

I do however get invited out on all the boat trips and other events that someone in my pay rate could never afford. I thoroughly enjoy my bonus structure but at least now I will be on the books for an exact amount based on the companies profit.

Pros...
Next raise - 20% Partner
Lightning Tickets, including suites
Free Expedition
Free Dental
Phone(kinda)
Pay Myself

Cons...

Next raise another month away
Truck is companies, not mine
No Health ins
Work to much

You get raises? We get threats of layoffs if we don't get our products out as incentive. I haven't gotten a raise in quite a while, and it is about as much as inflation. Right now I am earning LESS than when I started 7 years ago if inflation is taken into account. Yeah for shitty Cleveland markets.

You get raises? We get threats of layoffs if we don't get our products out as incentive. I haven't gotten a raise in quite a while, and it is about as much as inflation. Right now I am earning LESS than when I started 7 years ago if inflation is taken into account. Yeah for shitty Cleveland markets.

I actually just started getting an improvement on my pay recently because I took on more opportunities with the company. Before that I was in the same boat as you, just because there wasn't much to do and we were living off residual checks. I still am not even close to what the industry standard is for my position but becoming a partner will fix that. I am a couple steps ahead of myself but my bosses partner just IM'ed me about it so its looking very promising. Hope for the best, expect the worse

Work just started making us do 6 months goals and added a few layers of bullshit to the annual reviews which will probably means less of a raise for everyone. I hate bureaucracy. I could give a shit about a mission statement. Stop wasting my time when I could be getting something real done, like posting on here, to try to explain the new updated mission statement that you just paid an outside company millions to make one up.

pros:
salary that pays the rent
bit of extra cheddar on my paycheck to cover gas
IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE health insurance
company laptop to use as long as I work here
free lunches paid by all the people that buy pharmaceuticals
I can roll in at noon, bust out at six and take a day off as long as I pull my 80 hours a week
get to tell people I work for a medical practice and for a couple of world-renowned neurologists

cons:
I fucking hate IT. I'm sick of fixing everyone else's stupid little problems that nine times out of ten are caused by their own stupidity or simply not listening to me the first time. Never again, goddamnit.
I sit on my ass for eight hours a day, I'd rather be working outside with my hands.
pain in the ass commute
coming and going when I wish has allowed me to foster a bad habit and made it a worse one
sometimes I get annoyed at people I work with and I'm a mean bastard about it. but I'll be gone soon and they won't have to deal with it anymore so whatever
get paid a lot less than any other IT dude at any other medical practice would be paid

pros:
salary that pays the rent
bit of extra cheddar on my paycheck to cover gas
IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE health insurance
company laptop to use as long as I work here
free lunches paid by all the people that buy pharmaceuticals
I can roll in at noon, bust out at six and take a day off as long as I pull my 80 hours a week
get to tell people I work for a medical practice and for a couple of world-renowned neurologists

cons:
I fucking hate IT. I'm sick of fixing everyone else's stupid little problems that nine times out of ten are caused by their own stupidity or simply not listening to me the first time. Never again, goddamnit.
I sit on my ass for eight hours a day, I'd rather be working outside with my hands.
pain in the ass commute
coming and going when I wish has allowed me to foster a bad habit and made it a worse one
sometimes I get annoyed at people I work with and I'm a mean bastard about it. but I'll be gone soon and they won't have to deal with it anymore so whatever
get paid a lot less than any other IT dude at any other medical practice would be paid
You do 70 hours every 2 weeks :lol:

Our employer also contributes 3% of our salary to our 401k, regardless of how much we contribute personally.

We do not pay for insurance, company pays 100%, this includes Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO health, dental, we also have short term and long term disability as well as life insurance policies.