Halloween Plans

it wasn't about the candy for me. i don't remember the candy (well, maybe the wax lips and peanut butter logs.) it was about the experience of it. and being out at night. and passing all the costumes, some of which you kept your head down for because they were scary. and knocking at the door with anxiousness as you didn't know who or what was going to open the door. and walking up the next set of stairs, daring that thing sitting on the porch swing to talk or not...is it real?
man, i'd go back and do it all over again.
Do you think the kids today are having the same experience?

I doubt it.

We have a party to go to but no costumes. Our good buddies Zac & Ape have other obligations. : - ( No sigfriend & roy this year.

So... we went shopping yesterday and I tried on a "Beth" costume from Dog the Bounty Hunter and it was atrocious. It looked like a garbage bag. Even Shawn felt bad enough for me to not make me buy it. For those of you who don't know I made him go as Alice last year to match my super cute Queen of Hearts and he HATED it. I told him he could pick one this year. The Beth costume was too big, and ugly as shit. We are going to try and fine something after work tonight.

Whatever meatstick. You have yet to prove yourself.

Well I know Shawn and Amy have plans, Fly and Ape have Friday night plans so they wont come for a Saturday night party :rolleyes: . LOL

Anyways I will be having a party Saturday night with alot of my close friends so if anyone doesnt have plans take this as your official invite. Since I like to drink I am prolly gonna start it early. Lemme know if you wanna come

Why did parents trust candy 20 years ago?

I should have included a smiley so you understood I was just messing with you.

When I was little we got all sorts of homemade treats, popcorn balls, caramel apples, things like that :drool:. Those were always much better than the store bought candy, it's a shame you can't do things like that anymore.

There is one house in my parent's neighborhood that gives away full size candy bars (the guy owns/owned a candy shop of some sort). The best part is we would always volunteer to take the smaller kids trick or treating and we'd stop at this house and get the candy bars, than if others had to go we'd take them as well. So as to not be dishonest, we would always tell them that we had been there before, but they still insisted we take another candy bar.