Got student loans?

FlyNavy said:
aeronautical engineering has always been at the top of my list but a pure mathematics degree would be just as nice. but I'm also fascinated by linguistics and forensic psychology. a doctorate in at least one of those with a masters in one or two others would be ideal but one step at a time. either way I plan on staying in some kind of school for as long as I can and getting the .gov to pay for as much of it as possible. in exchange for getting shot at, of course :p
Yeah, get something useless like a math degree!

ceiling fly said:
I have friends who double dip with their work paying for school. Technically, its illegal, but an extra $30k in the pocket can make it worth it...

Since i work for the University System of Georgia I can go to any USG school for free. One of the perks :D So thank you tax payers of Georgia for paying my salary and for my education. The only down side is the schools in Georgia suck unless you are in ATL. :(

ceiling fly said:
I have friends who double dip with their work paying for school. Technically, its illegal, but an extra $30k in the pocket can make it worth it...
:confused:

FlamingGlory said:
:)

ceiling fly said:
'cause it's not like math can be applied to aerospace, linguistics, or forensics in any way...:tard: :heart:

ERage said:
Since i work for the University System of Georgia I can go to any USG school for free. One of the perks :D So thank you tax payers of Georgia for paying my salary and for my education. The only down side is the schools in Georgia suck unless you are in ATL. :(
I would have loved to take advantage of the Hope Scholarship and go to UGA but I spent my last two years of high school in Florida so no go. :(

thrawn said:
work pays for school, take a loan in addition, work gives you a check in your name. not that i know anything about this
oooo

I don't think I could get my company to pay for school. They pay me far more than I'm worth as it is.

thrawn said:
work pays for school, take a loan in addition, work gives you a check in your name. not that i know anything about this
sorta...

GI bills pays for school + work pays for school = Cost of school goes up your nose...

ceiling fly said:
If you use it right, and aren't totally inept, you can land a very well paid job in the banking sector.

Other than that, you're right. $2000 per annum research position etc.

shawndavid said:
Don't go until you're ready, bro. You don't want to waste your time or damage your future GPA.

Good point. I'm all up in the air about going back right now. Want to... but then don't.

Mastercard paid for my last two years of college. It was the only way I could get through since the 'rents made too much money for me to obtain cheap loans.

But, for my wedding, my grandmother paid off my card to cover my school debt. :D Thanks grandma!

Galen said:
If you use it right, and aren't totally inept, you can land a very well paid job in the banking sector.

Other than that, you're right. $2000 per annum research position etc.
'cause there's no math involved in spaceflight!

FlyNavy said:
'cause there's no math involved in spaceflight!
Just you keep telling yourself that and you'll get a job in the aviation industry no bother.

I know a guy with a PhD in Maths and 2 with PhD's in Astrophysics, and they're doing anything that comes their way (which is all research). Both, I seem to remember, wanted to work in the aviation industry, nevermind SPACE FLIGHT. Show's how far they've got.

But it's okay, your BSc in Pure Maths will secure you that foothold you need. Congrats on being so upwardly mobile in the aviation sector. You know what they want!

I love the shit University admissions officers spin. I know a guy who thinks he's going to get a 100,000 GBP per year job once he's done his Computer Science degree at a subpar university.

What is unfortunate, is the people that eat it up and pump their loans into it thinking it's going to be a ladder to become CEO in no time.

Galen said:
I love the shit University admissions officers spin. I know a guy who thinks he's going to get a 100,000 GBP per year job once he's done his Computer Science degree at a subpar university.

What is unfortunate, is the people that eat it up and pump their loans into it thinking it's going to be a ladder to become CEO in no time.

Exactly. I say fuck all of that crap and get a job bartending. You know exactly what you're getting into, and you don't have to play the office politics game either.

Sarcasmo said:
Exactly. I say fuck all of that crap and get a job bartending. You know exactly what you're getting into, and you don't have to play the office politics game either.
I'm starting a Maths (granted, financial and accounting) degree in September, because I enjoy the subject and I won't get a chance to do it again. Then it's back to Medicine

Other than that, it's not like you can become a dentist starting off as a bartender. Psychiatrist maybe.

Galen said:
I'm starting a Maths (granted, financial and accounting) degree in September, because I enjoy the subject and I won't get a chance to do it again. Then it's back to Medicine

Other than that, it's not like you can become a dentist starting off as a bartender. Psychiatrist maybe.

No, I mean be a bartender FOREVER.

shawndavid said:
Don't go until you're ready, bro. You don't want to waste your time or damage your future GPA.

I completely agree, I wasnt ready when I got out of school and went in anyways. Now I am not allowed back to the Tarpon Campus and my grades werent all that high. Wait until your ready