Gosh Texas is f$#@ed up

ooooooooorrrrrrrr...

we could listen and learn from everything we hear, teach tolerance to many different kinds of beliefs, and still be able to formulate what we personally believe.

...but we can't. We all have passionate beliefs when it comes to religion. :(

you CAN. you just have to practice being open-minded.

it's ALL just theory. why can't you know what you believe but also accept others' beliefs, regardless of what they're based or not based on? do you realize how much is out there that we're not even aware we don't know about?
and why can't we ALL be right? what if your beliefs end up to be true for yourself and mine end up to be true for myself? isn't it a possibility? isn't everything a possibility? the opportunity is there for you to accept any and everything. you just have to accept that opportunity. :)

we are all ONLY human. that only takes us so far.

you CAN. you just have to practice being open-minded.

it's ALL just theory. why can't you know what you believe but also accept others' beliefs, regardless of what they're based or not based on? do you realize how much is out there that we're not even aware we don't know about?
and why can't we ALL be right? what if your beliefs end up to be true for yourself and mine end up to be true for myself? isn't it a possibility? isn't everything a possibility? the opportunity is there for you to accept any and everything. you just have to accept that opportunity. :)

we are all ONLY human. that only takes us so far.

Because we are human, it's a rarity to be open minded about things. Once you have a belief, nothing seems to sway it and you dismiss anything that goes against your beliefs.

Because we are human, it's a rarity to be open minded about things. Once you have a belief, nothing seems to sway it and you dismiss anything that goes against your beliefs.

it just seems like it should be much harder to stick to one theory only when there are so many possibilities, and aren't we all learning new things as we go along? the older i get, the less sure i am!

it just seems like it should be much harder to stick to one theory only when there are so many possibilities, and aren't we all learning new things as we go along? the older i get, the less sure i am!

This is the part where an atheist would keep telling you, then why do you believe in a God when that was just the scapegoat for not knowing what caused things in the past.

This is the part where an atheist would keep telling you, then why do you believe in a God when that was just the scapegoat for not knowing what caused things in the past.

is it a possibility that god exists?
is it a possibility that he doesn't?

i accept both. i don't believe both, but i accept both. i understand your reasons for believing either. and it's also a possibility that one will ultimately be true for me AND one might ultimately be true for you.

regardless, we won't KNOW until it's too late to say "i told you so." unless rats speak english. :heart:

is it a possibility that god exists?
is it a possibility that he doesn't?

i accept both. i don't believe both, but i accept both. i understand your reasons for believing either. and it's also a possibility that one will ultimately be true for me AND one might ultimately be true for you.

regardless, we won't KNOW until it's too late to say "i told you so." unless rats speak english. :heart:

I'm in the same boat as you.....just playing Devil's Advocate.

I accept that other people have beliefs, they just have to accept that they're gonna be reborn as a rat :fly:

Isn't that more hindu than anything?

I thought that buddhists had to keep going around as humans until they managed to achieve total consciousness.

Lovely idea. The problem, as with most religions, is that there's no explanation of the mechanics of the transmigration of the soul.

I thought that buddhists had to keep going around as humans until they managed to achieve total consciousness.

Lovely idea. The problem, as with most religions, is that there's no explanation of the mechanics of the transmigration of the soul.

Ziplocks.
The kind with the vacuum seal

There are 7 different soul realms within Buddhist, one of them being the animal realm of ignorance. :)

Ugh. Who cares. Just wave at God after you die if that's what you want. In the meantime we're supposed to care for each other while on this planetary testicle. Alive = humanist. Dead = deist. That's how it should go.

I accept that other people have beliefs, they just have to accept that they're gonna be reborn as a rat :fly:

I've never seen any downsides of buddhist reality to not being buddhist. There isnt even an eternal soul in buddhism exactly.... I just want a hamburger /cry