Gosh Texas is f$#@ed up

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=10933571

it is just to appreciate the profound impact that it has had on our history and on our government

Um actually the impact was to RID religion and religious influences from government. And it wasn't specifically Christianity. Where is the mandatory Koran teaching? or Torah teaching?

Or will I be shot for saying such things? :rolleyes:

I do think that its important for people to read the Bible*. I do not think that a classroom is the correct environment for this.

*As well as the Quran, Torah, Dhammapada, etc.

fuck 50 years from now they'll be doing the same thing with l ron hubbards books.

I think religion is something personal and as such should be the responsibility of the parent, not the public school system. Then again I wonder what would happen if there is equal time spent teaching the history of the major religions, if that could help to create understanding and tolerance?

Then I realize that I got beat up in school for wearing red glasses so expecting tolerance from school age children probably isn't the smartest thing.

I think religion is something personal and as such should be the responsibility of the parent, not the public school system. Then again I wonder what would happen if there is equal time spent teaching the history of the major religions, if that could help to create understanding and tolerance?

Then I realize that I got beat up in school for wearing red glasses so expecting tolerance from school age children probably isn't the smartest thing.

Sweetie, it wasn't wearing the red glasses as to why they beat you up :heart:

I had to take a bible related class in college but it was taught like the bible was just a historical story book and no actual theology was taught. It was an interesting way to view the bible and much more preferred over the Sunday school route.

I had to take a bible related class in college but it was taught like the bible was just a historical story book and no actual theology was taught. It was an interesting way to view the bible and much more preferred over the Sunday school route.

I had a class like that, too. They also taught literature about Native American religions, the Torah a bit, and publications on Hindu and Buddism among others.

A very good approach I think. However I can guarantee this will not be done in public schools in Texas.