Google Buys YouTube

That was some of it, but mainly it was the same issue that everyone else had : they couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a product that has never made a dime. The market value of YouTube was always based on its theorized potential based on the number of vistors to the site. That's an awful lot of money to throw at a theory, especially when you have shareholders to answer to. Google has so much money and the aura that it can do no wrong, it can get away with it. If nothing else, its a purely defensive move for them as now they are free to dominate internet video, which they currently do make money on.

yeah, google is such an internet demigod it is really hard for them to do wrong, they should buy the rest of my chips for 2 million

Except they've been operating at a loss, have to pay back VC
I had no idea the Viet Cong got invovled with internet video sites. Crazy.

See, but they're also in a bit of a pickle. They are now Google employees. I'm not sure what their rules are on selling stock, but I'm sure they'll be limited so as to avoid dumping.
They probably vest over time, but I doubt it takes too long for them to be able to sell some of it. I know when my brother in law started working there, he was able to sell some stock relatively early.

What is the point of correcting either?

372452e894d928c8.jpg

They probably vest over time, but I doubt it takes too long for them to be able to sell some of it. I know when my brother in law started working there, he was able to sell some stock relatively early.
Sure, but how much at once is the real question. If you dump it immediately, its $1.65 B. If you have to wait and sell it in pieces, it could more more or a lot less.

Sure, but how much at once is the real question. If you dump it immediately, its $1.65 B. If you have to wait and sell it in pieces, it could more more or a lot less.
Even if it's in pieces, they'll still earn a ton of cash compared to what they had. Even if they only realize 1% of it, their set.

What the hell is up with the flashing on the remote control? It looks like IR pulses as interpreted by the camera's CMOS, but it says its RC. I'm cornfused.

I don't know, I noticed that as well and you only see the flashing on the camera, not in person.

Does that helicopter have any real directional control, or do you just maintain stability with the remote and hope it doesn't wander into a draft?

134452e8ab442970.jpg

He can steer it around the house, it drops when he lets off the throttle too much. He kept it in one spot on the video mostly just to keep it on camera, but he's been yelled at many times for flying it into the bedroom when I'm in bed. That thing sounds like an atomic vibrator and it's scary.

Even if it's in pieces, they'll still earn a ton of cash compared to what they had. Even if they only realize 1% of it, their set.

Probably. I just think working at Googleplex is a cooler incentive than the tons of what may or may not be cash in the future.