Google Buys YouTube

And google probably thinks it a "small" acquisition.

Now if General Electric bought google... They could rule the world.

And google probably thinks it a "small" acquisition.

Now if General Electric bought google... They could rule the world.

Well if you think of how many visitors it gets on a daily basis and how many videos are watched it pretty much is, well to them anyways.

Can you imagine that shit, iirc they were only like in there early 20s

Well if you think of how many visitors it gets on a daily basis and how many videos are watched it pretty much is, well to them anyways.

Can you imagine that shit, iirc they were only like in there early 20s
Their*

And yes they were. I was in my 12s though so I never had a chance.

The transaction was entirely in Google stock, not real dollars. So basically Google took over a zero net income company with overvalued stock. They bought nothing with nothing. That's rather amusing.

Oh I thought you were talking about google. Youtube's been round since early 05. I remember getting linked there in like March '05 for the first time.

yeah, I hear that the 2 guys are like 23/24 years old. Can you imagine that though, you start a company for IMO next to nothing and then a little over a year later you sell it for 1.65 BILLLLLLLION, haha, craziness

yeah, I hear that the 2 guys are like 23/24 years old. Can you imagine that though, you start a company for IMO next to nothing and then a little over a year later you sell it for 1.65 BILLLLLLLION, haha, craziness

Well... 1.65 billion in equity. They can still lose it all :eek:

Except they've been operating at a loss, have to pay back VC, and then you actually have to sell the stock before you have even a single penny. Not to say they won't end up rich, but its not as rich as it looks on first blush.