Google Buys YouTube

Except they've been operating at a loss, have to pay back VC, and then you actually have to sell the stock before you have even a single penny. Not to say they won't end up rich, but its not as rich as it looks on first blush.

Although like always I see your point...

They are 23 and going to be at the very least multi millionaires, Id sure as hell be happy :D

Although like always I see your point...

They are 23 and going to be at the very least multi millionaires, Id sure as hell be happy :D
See, but they're also in a bit of a pickle. They are now Google employees. I'm not sure what their rules are on selling stock, but I'm sure they'll be limited so as to avoid dumping. I think if I were them, I'd just be happy to have a more realiable paycheck and some fat stock options. That right there has to be awesome after MS, Marc Cuban, and Dick Parsons all said "Thanks, but no thanks".

See, but they're also in a bit of a pickle. They are now Google employees. I'm not sure what their rules are on selling stock, but I'm sure they'll be limited so as to avoid dumping. I think if I were them, I'd just be happy to have a more realiable paycheck and some fat stock options. That right there has to be awesome after MS, Marc Cuban, and Dick Parsons all said "Thanks, but no thanks".

I was under the assumption that the main reason Marc Cuban said no was because of the talks of copyright infringements and legal problems to come.

I posted a video on youtube for a few friends to see how this little picco z helicopter flies around the house and 3 weeks later (yesterday) i get a letter from an editorialist from Business 2.0 magazine regarding my video.

I'm a journalist doing a story on the picco z for Business 2.0 magazine, a national biz magazine, and I was hoping to get more on the buzz behind the picco z online. I wanted to find out why you decided to post a video on youtube? Why did you decide to buy the picco z helicopter? Did you read about it online? Do you sell them? Are you buying more? Do you think you could help me for this story? I'm trying to get answers by Friday. Got time?

So i take this opportunity to get my name printed in a magazine and email her and she calls me up a few hours later. She asked me about why i bought one and i told her i have a large electric helicopter i flew for 2 years and ended up with a flying machine worth $1500 .. crashes would cost 40-$200 and i later moved away from that hobby into rc gas powered trucks and then i stopped doing that and found the picco z on line for $30 and thought it would make for some real fun times at work...which it did...i told her that i am the Information Technology Coordinator and i get alot of grumpy people coming my way, so being able to show them something fun and small like this that puts a smile on their face was great. I also said that at least 12-15 people i know have purchased them since i posted that video.
She also asked about the micro mosquito rc helicopter and i explained the functioning difference between the two of them and told her aobut some sites i found with modificatioins for it and that a friend of mine was shaving foam to make his own bodies for it. LOL should be an interesting article.

I posted a video on youtube for a few friends to see how this little picco z helicopter flies around the house and 3 weeks later (yesterday) i get a letter from an editorialist from Business 2.0 magazine regarding my video.

So i take this opportunity to get my name printed in a magazine and email her and she calls me up a few hours later. She asked me about why i bought one and i told her i have a large electric helicopter i flew for 2 years and ended up with a flying machine worth $1500 .. crashes would cost 40-$200 and i later moved away from that hobby into rc gas powered trucks and then i stopped doing that and found the picco z on line for $30 and thought it would make for some real fun times at work...which it did...i told her that i am the Information Technology Coordinator and i get alot of grumpy people coming my way, so being able to show them something fun and small like this that puts a smile on their face was great. I also said that at least 12-15 people i know have purchased them since i posted that video.
She also asked about the micro mosquito rc helicopter and i explained the functioning difference between the two of them and told her aobut some sites i found with modificatioins for it and that a friend of mine was shaving foam to make his own bodies for it. LOL should be an interesting article.

That's pretty cool. Good job dood.

I was under the assumption that the main reason Marc Cuban said no was because of the talks of copyright infringements and legal problems to come.

That was some of it, but mainly it was the same issue that everyone else had : they couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a product that has never made a dime. The market value of YouTube was always based on its theorized potential based on the number of vistors to the site. That's an awful lot of money to throw at a theory, especially when you have shareholders to answer to. Google has so much money and the aura that it can do no wrong, it can get away with it. If nothing else, its a purely defensive move for them as now they are free to dominate internet video, which they currently do make money on.

Yeha thats kinda funny...still didnt find all the body pieces but i did find the batterey in the bathroom! :) that was a scary few days before that showed up.

I just figured it would give her a little "boost"

`snip`
I'm always shocked by the loose hold journalists have on the english language.

So now, what SchmilK SHOULD have done is link to the youtube of the helicopter and the cat.