GAY Good news for Duke!

Dude, they have been exposed..

Um the percentage of homosexual priests is higher than those not of the cloth, but it isn't that high.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rcc.htm

Also, not all of them are pedophiles or hebephiles or ephebophiles. Also not all of them are gay pedophiles or hebephiles or ephebophiles. The actual number of priests that perform illegal acts to minors is quite minor, and the percentage of those that are actually gay is much less.

It's the covering up of those hundreds of priests worldwide that is kind of scary. Technically and civilly, they are just as guilty.

So there shouldn't be women's and men's events?

I do agree with you, however, that sexual orientation doesn't add or subtract to the athletic abilities of someone as much as gender has an impact. But the Gay Games and efforts like the gay softball league started when homophobia prevented people from doing sports. This was an outlet for them. I concede it's usefulness is dimished now as homosexuality is more widely accepted. Just in time for the Gay Games to be ineffect at bringing people and dollars to cities that host it like Cleveland in 2014 :lol: Man that city can't cut a break can it?

I understand that when society had forced segregation upon homosexuals that they were proficient enough to create their own parallels. I just don't see how saying the segregated course will prove positive for the homosexual community.

Are you insinuating that gay men don't have the same athletic capabilities as straight men?

Read the second sentence I wrote. Sexual gender is one of the few immutable characteristics in humanity that have a direct impact on sporting/athletic events.

Maybe I should have said are there black vs. white sporting teams. Or left-handed vs. right-handed sporting events.

But the reason the gay sporting events started was because they weren't accepted or made to feel comfortable in traditional sporting avenues (as seen by the ugly homophobia even in today's more accepting climate) so they made their own leagues/teams. It doesn't have anything to do with their sexuality. Quite honestly it was a gay man that got gold for diving in the Olympics.

I understand that when society had forced segregation upon homosexuals that they were proficient enough to create their own parallels. I just don't see how saying the segregated course will prove positive for the homosexual community.

It doesn't.

I can see pride parades continuing, but certainly the World Gay Games among other events I don't know about.

It doesn't.

I can see pride parades continuing, but certainly the World Gay Games among other events I don't know about.

Pride parades are more of an expression of the many different homosexual cultures.. If anything they should mesh it into one big culture parade where all the cultures in the US are able to express their lifestyle. Unity.

I just want to express my happiness and joy over a discussion of Gay sports having my name on it. I'm feeling fabulous.

:wtf: There actually are black vs white sports?

OMG let me slow down and explain myself I am confusing you and Coqui.

Having gay sports teams that self segregate is like having an all-black only-black team or all-lefthanded only-lefthanded team. It doesn't make any sense because those characteristics have nothing to do with athletics. But while being treated unequally, there were black leagues and white leagues. Of course those went away after the Civil Rights movement. Gays haven't had theirs yet.

Gays are having their civil rights movement as we speak. It just hasn't been fully resolved.

Heck, it took over 100 years for blacks to fully escape slavery, and we still have a way to go to fully shore that one up.

No matter how hard you try though, there will always be prejudice.

Having gay sports teams that self segregate is like having an all-black only-black team or all-lefthanded only-lefthanded team. It doesn't make any sense because those characteristics have nothing to do with athletics. But while being treated unequally, there were black leagues and white leagues. Of course those went away after the Civil Rights movement. Gays haven't had theirs yet.

Yeah it's (non sport comparison) like BET. Black Entertainment TV. When I first came to the US and saw that on TV I literally said WHAT THE FUCK out loud. They want to be treated the same, yet they keep portraying themselves as different.

Gays are having their civil rights movement as we speak. It just hasn't been fully resolved.

Heck, it took over 100 years for blacks to fully escape slavery, and we still have a way to go to fully shore that one up.

No matter how hard you try though, there will always be prejudice.

Indeed, but it will move along quickly when those laws that block equality are eliminated, further improving freedom for all.

You aren't confusing me. And yes there are still black only teams

Yeah it's (non sport comparison) like BET. Black Entertainment TV. When I first came to the US and saw that on TV I literally said WHAT THE FUCK out loud. They want to be treated the same, yet they keep portraying themselves as different.

Same with the African American Pageants because they felt blacks were underrepresented in the traditional events (and probably they were).

But we are spiraling precariously close to equating the efforts of the blacks in fighting for equal rights and treatment to those efforts of the sexual deviants and that is not allowable.

"Barb Davis White, a Tea Party activist and Republican candidate for Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District, prompted shocked gasps from the packed hearing room when she said, 'Rosa Parks did not move to the front of the bus to support sodomy.' Her testimony involved accusations that the movement for marriage equality is hijacking the civil rights movement. 'There is no difference between a black person and a white person other than their skin color when there’s a tremendous difference between a man and a woman,' said White, who was the GOP’s endorsed candidate against Rep. Keith Ellison in 2008. 'Allowing a black woman and a white man to marry does not change the definition of marriage. However, allowing two men or two women to marry would fundamentally change that definition.'"