Get off your a$$

Drool-Boy said:
Well, fgts cant get married in Texas now. Sorry sarcasmo, even if I did accept your proposal, Im afraid we would be out of luck.
If you DID vote, I hope you voted to allow that crap.

[/serious]

HAHAHAHAH FUCKING FAGGOTS

FlamingGlory said:
That and they told us we'd get fired if we left work.

That's not legal. If you actually cared you could make a case with the labor board about it.

I voted yesterday after work, but I ended up being in the minority of every election reform issue in the state. C'est la vie.

Drool-Boy said:
Well, fgts cant get married in Texas now. Sorry sarcasmo, even if I did accept your proposal, Im afraid we would be out of luck.

I'm not surprised it was defeated, I just didn't think it would be THAT defeated. Those numbers were pretty amazing. Guess that settles the steers and queers theory...

Sarcasmo said:
I'm not surprised it was defeated, I just didn't think it would be THAT defeated. Those numbers were pretty amazing. Guess that settles the steers and queers theory...

Ya it was pretty drastic.
I personally dont care if homos wanna get married, but I guess Im in the minority there.

Sarcasmo said:

It actually doesn't surprise me at all that it was defeated in a landslide. The people that feel it should be allowed don't vote. So all the bible beaters have it their way.

The candidates we voted for all won, some by only a hundred votes. That's the nice thing about local elections, you can actually see your vote count because so few vote. ;hs:

Drool-Boy said:
Ya it was pretty drastic.
I personally dont care if homos wanna get married, but I guess Im in the minority there.

Did you get the memo?

"God clearly intended that only a man and woman can promise themselves to each other for the rest of their lives and use a particular special word to describe that relationship. Let's ignore the fact that no one knows who or what God really is, whether he or she even exists, or that a word is just a harmless label for a concept. We know the secrets of the universe, and you're just going to have to trust us on this.

"We also know that gay marriage (exactly like straight marriage if you'll notice) would be nothing more than a symbolic expression of an emotion, but we've decided that it won't be recognized by our government, despite the fact that you are a tax paying citizen in a democratic republic and only a total communist douchebag would try to bar you from that fundamental (and again completely harmless) freedom.

"I know this is all very confusing, frustrating, contradictory, and philosophically malevolent, but bear with us. We have no idea what our forefathers were attempting to do when they formed this country and at this point we're completely winging every single thing that we do and say.

"Oh, and we're going to go ahead and inject our religious views into our government and its legislation despite hundreds of implicitly written 200-year-old warnings about doing so. It may not be immediately apparent but any amount of analysis will pretty much reveal it for what it is. Yep. Good ol' religion.

"It's silly if you think about it, we know. Especially when you consider that our entire planet and every atom and molecule that comprises it have already been swallowed by the infinite vastness of the universe and are, at this point, utterly irrelevant in pretty much every way imagineable. Nothing we do will ever affect anything in the evolution of this unfathomable existence, and all life, on all planets and in all galaxies, will continue on unabated regardless, with nary a blink in our microscopic and immaterial direction.

"So what harm could it do you ask? We have no idea. All we know is that we feel threatened by new symbols. We really like our current symbols, and the amount of prejudice and bigotry that went into creating them holds a special and nostalgic place in our hearts. If you want to create or use new symbols you'll pretty much have to come and kick our asses like we did to the guys who were here before us. Then you too can do whatever you want.

"In conclusion, at its deeply profound core the real issue here is essentially nothing more than the fact that we are bigger than you and there's nothing you can do about it. How's that for noble?"

And people wonder why we haven't colonized other planets yet.