Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
IT'S TIME TO VOTE!

Our local elections are today! We've got several city council seats open as well as our city mayor. The incumbents are pro-redevelopment and expanding greenspace. The challengers are all pissed that a HUGE new mixed development wasn't put into play this year. Theac and I will be voting for the incumbents after work today. We both seem to agree that we don't need any more empty strip malls in the area and we like the idea of expanding our already large park system. :)

There are other elections in our state over other issues near and dear to my heart, such as legalizing Sunday alcohol sales (which are currently illegal). Too bad it's not on the ballot in my county. :(

So who else is voting? And what are some of the local issues that are swaying your vote?

I'm voting AGAINST my town's commissioner - he's voted to raise taxes AND give himself a RAISE

HO HO HO GTFO I SAY GTFO!

elpmis said:
I'm voting AGAINST my town's commissioner - he's voted to raise taxes AND give himself a RAISE

HO HO HO GTFO I SAY GTFO!

:lol: Nice.

Our mayoral race is a no brainier. It's between the incumbent who has a record of getting shit done, a "Christian" woman who won't go into public without a hat on, and another woman who got arrested for disturbing the peace at Wal-Mart. :tard:

Bubbles said:
I don't think there's anything to vote about around here. If there is, it must not be a big enough deal to be public knowledge.
:lol:

that should be a quote on a poster somewhere

Pandora said:
:lol: Nice.

Our mayoral race is a no brainier. It's between the incumbent who has a record of getting sh*t done, a "Christian" woman who won't go into public without a hat on, and another woman who got arrested for disturbing the peace at Wal-Mart. :tard:
Don't forget to link them to the story about her getting maced at Wal Mart while yelling at Katrina refugees.

Bubbles said:
I don't think there's anything to vote about around here. If there is, it must not be a big enough deal to be public knowledge.

I spent about 2 hrs researching the canidates this morning. They held a public forum at city hall or where ever a week ago for the canidates and had some info about them in the local paper. But the media usually doesn't make a big deal about local election stuff because people don't show any interest in it when they do. Change doesn't happen by itself, voters have to make it happen. ;)

taeric said:
This could have been brought to my attention yesterday. :)

Well I didn't realize what day it was yesterday, other than it being just another Monday. But I woke up this morning and saw some stuff on the news about it and did my research when I got to work. :fly:

But now you know too! So you can go vote for Shirley! She's the :dirk:!

Dallas has a strong mayor vote coming up that I hope passes. Our city council is full of lazy, uneducated, crooked, and irresponsible bunnys who couldn't administer a town of 12, let alone a city of 3+ million.

Pandora said:
Well I didn't realize what day it was yesterday, other than it being just another Monday. But I woke up this morning and saw some stuff on the news about it and did my research when I got to work. :fly:

But now you know too! So you can go vote for Shirley! She's the :dirk:!
Like the Wu Tang Clan, Big Shirley ain't nothin to fuck wit.