Gay marriage, yet again

Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell Rolls Back Non-Discrimination Protections For Gay State Workers

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...ination-protections-for-gay-state-workers.php

Gay and lesbian state workers in Virginia are no longer specifically protected against discrimination, thanks to a little-noticed change made by new Gov. Bob McDonnell.

McDonnell (R) on Feb. 5 signed an executive order that prohibits discrimination "on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, political affiliation, or against otherwise qualified persons with disabilities," as well as veterans.

It rescinds the order that Gov. Tim Kaine signed Jan. 14, 2006 as one of his first actions. After promising a "fair and inclusive" administration in his inaugural address, Kaine (D) added veterans to the non-discrimination policy - and sexual orientation.

This McDonnell wanker is a real piece of work. He campaigned saying he wants to outlaw birth control. Holy freakin' retarded!

More telling is that there is really no fight with this signing. VA is getting very conservative in its laws lately.

When Kaine (D) was Governor, he was doing pretty well as far as progression. Now the state is back in the hands of the Republicans and they are fucking it up again.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/gay_marriage_passes_in_9

:hay:

Gay Marriage Passes In 9 States After Area Homosexual Dunks On Regulation Rim
FEBRUARY 18, 2010 | ISSUE 46•07

MONTGOMERY, AL—A two-handed slam dunk by an openly homosexual man set off a chain of events this week that culminated in the legalization of gay marriage in nine states, including Mississippi and Alabama. "When I saw that dunk, I was like, 'Whoa!'" said Alabama state Sen. Hinton Mitchem, adding that his office was flooded with calls and e-mails from constituents demanding legal recognition of same-sex marriages following the slam. "A guy with nasty moves like that should be entitled to the same fundamental rights as the rest of us." On Thursday, the New York State Senate passed a resolution declaring that it would take a pretty sweet roundhouse kick from a gay mixed martial arts champion before it would allow homosexuals to marry.

Last edited:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/gay_marriage_passes_in_9

:hay:

Gay Marriage Passes In 9 States After Area Homosexual Dunks On Regulation Rim
FEBRUARY 18, 2010 | ISSUE 46•07

MONTGOMERY, AL—A two-handed slam dunk by an openly homosexual man set off a chain of events this week that culminated in the legalization of gay marriage in nine states, including Mississippi and Alabama. "When I saw that dunk, I was like, 'Whoa!'" said Alabama state Sen. Hinton Mitchem, adding that his office was flooded with calls and e-mails from constituents demanding legal recognition of same-sex marriages following the slam. "A guy with nasty moves like that should be entitled to the same fundamental rights as the rest of us." On Thursday, the New York State Senate passed a resolution declaring that it would take a pretty sweet roundhouse kick from a gay mixed martial arts champion before it would allow homosexuals to marry.

:dont:

Just thought I would recycle this thread:

Prop 8 was just overturned by the CA courts!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35374462/Prop-8-Ruling-FINAL

Basically the ruling said even asking the question on the ballot was unconstitutional. The reason, however is what's more important.

The judge placed homosexuality as a suspect classification similar to race. With that classification, any ruling to that group of people has to go through a terribly strict process to have any rights stripped away.

Also he ruled that marriage is a fundimental right which also needs a strict scrutiny ruling to rule against any marriage, straight or not.

Also the judge named gays a suspect class because of fact, which is never overturned.

This is the best outcome that could have happened for gays. And when this case is appealed to the SCOTUS, these are the findings they will have to challenge.

I texted him that last Friday night, hoping it would cause a big gay ruckus in his house but I don't think it did.

Also he ruled that marriage is a fundimental right which also needs a strict scrutiny ruling to rule against any marriage, straight or not.

remember when the dumb ass bigots used the argument "IF WE LET GAYS MARRY, WHATS NEXT? LETTING SICK FUCKS MARRY SHEEP OR SOMETHING?"

who knew they weren't so dumb after all.

and yes, if it's ever possible to marry a turtle, I will, strictly for tax purposes.